Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 15 October 2023

Family

It's photo time again, this year Molly and George have separate photos, the nursery sent daughter a link. Most of the photos were lovely, but as daughter commented this photograph won't be chosen, our only granddaughter does have attitude, she still does not get posing for photo's, this was her 1st pose, she did smile in the rest. The nursery did inform mummy of the photo day, but Molly chose her own clothes and did not want to wear a dress. 

These little people bring me so much joy, they play happy together, and are very good. They are the youngest grandchildren, with no chance of any more, so time with them is precious, they are growing up so fast. This was after school playtime before bedtime routines, Will read to me at bedtime, he does love to read, and tries hard to sound out words.

After Sue's comment on my last post regarding my broad beans, I have changed the net covering on one of my raised beds, making a cage with straight sides and a soft net, keeping the pigeons away. Most of my beans have shoots, I'm really hopeful for a good crop, we should not have to worry with regards to frost for a while. I have grown veg before many years ago, but some like the broad beans are a first time for me. 
All the horror in the middle east started last weekend when we were away, we did not catch up until midweek, I can not put into words how I feel, so much disregard for suffering and life, so much destruction. Just like in Ukraine, and so many other places in the world, a few make so many suffer, indeed we do live in a horrible world, I've shown this image many times. 
Locally our facebook pages show loads of people helping others, small deeds and sharing when you have more than you need, my focus is locally and on the good side of life. 

I had a sleepover with the 3 little ones, mummy and daddy went to a show in London, all 3 were good, Grandma helped out picking Will up from school. A friend of Will's mummy took him to school on Friday morning, which was helpful as it was raining. Its lovely that daughter and SIL have time together, not having to rush home late at night, plus the luxury of a slow morning start. I also got to watch George at his swimming lesson, he loves water, but not so happy in the big pool. Molly is using her potty and is doing very well. Sadly two trains were cancelled on their return home and they had to train swap on a zig zag journey home. 

We had a lazy weekend at home, Saturday hubby was out most of the day, I did a quick clean of the house, it was mainly dusty, then I spent time out in the garden, it was very wet after so much heavy rain, my grass paths between the veg beds were dry and were working well, I did not have much to do, and spent most time in the garage. It was a sunny cold day, but the temperatures are due to rise again after the weekend, so as yet the heating remains off. 

I did start a book last week, but realised very quickly it was not for me, I have not picked up another one yet. I have not started any more crafting, the socks I made for my sister are not wanted, she said she did not need anymore and asked for something different, which I won't make, she had previously asked for a pair of socks, I will gift the socks to my daughter. So no crafting yet, I do have an idea for needle felting which I hope to make a start this coming week. I have also decided to make the three Christmas cakes, no other plans for now. 

7 comments:

  1. Your grandchildren and garden give you so much joy don't they Marlene. How lovely. Molly will grow up to be a strong independent woman who knows her own mind, good for her. How irritating for your sister to first ask for, then refuse a lovely pair of handmade socks. Still, I'm sure your daughter will appreciate them, you make lovely socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Childhood doesn't last as long as it used to. The toys they have are less simple. Life is too soon a series of hoops to pass through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 year old Middle Grandson has his pre-school photo soon, last year DiL didn't even bother trying but this year he might co-operate.
    Just had to smile at the photo of Mollie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely grandchildren you have and they get along so well and I am sure that spending time with them is precious. Mollie really did not like her picture being taken at that point, love the look on her face.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandchildren are so lovely and is always good to hear what they are doing. Family time is so special , so it was nice to hear that you had some time with your sister as well. Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We live in a very troubled world at the moment ... like you my focus is locally and on the good side of life.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely that you are enjoying spending time with your grand children. Time does pass so quickly. LB is 21 next year. It's hard to believe sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails