Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 25 January 2021

At home

I enjoyed this book from the library and again not one I would have picked up myself. I will add author to my list of preferred authors. 4th book read this year.
This is becoming colourful, I have now used all the shades once, some twice, and I am loving the effect, normally I would place the colours and then repeat the pattern they form, but the jumper design does not follow that rule, and I have decided I am going to be free with the colour placements. The design had 5 shades, I have 8, as I think they all go well together, sadly the hand dyed yarn only looks good against the dark shades, so I won't be using as much as I expected. 
I have popped the sleeves on spare circular needles, and I am now knitting the body, I managed to pop the yoke on and it's a good size, just a bit loose. but that's OK, the neck fits perfectly, looking at this photo, I think I will unpick the 2 rows of the pink and swap for the hand dyed yarn, and do the pink on the next block. 
I'm feeling chuffed with myself, often when I pop spare stitches on needles the ends of the needles keep getting in my way, how to stop it?, I had some glowsticks left over from Spooky night with Will (Halloween to the rest of us) and remembered I had loads of the little plastic joining tubes, well who knew they hold two needles together, problem solved. 
Saturday was a lazyish day at home, I changed the bedding and popped the Dyson around the bedroom and our bathroom, we both had showers so I cleaned in there. We did both walk to our fruit and veg shop, hubby has not been to the village since before Christmas, we walked the long way home through the park, it was a cold bright day. Rest of the day sorting laundry and knitting with a start of a new book, TV was good, I am loving The Wheel and The Masked Singer. 

Sunday was cold and wet, it rained most of the morning, I'm not complaining, the amount of rain we get is nothing to the huge amounts in other areas of UK and in the summer months I will be hoping for rain. It was a dark day, so lights were on all through the house, but more crafting time. 

Most days I am now walking around the garden, it's not a long walk, but I am watching seeing signs of things growing, which fills my heart with joy, hubby has hung the garden signs, they look good in the dark and make the corner of the garage look good. All the time I am planning, as with every garden there is always an improvement to be made. 

Thank you for your recent comments, I do enjoy my blog, it's my record of everything I love, and so many of us like the same things,  I do try and comment on most of the post I read, it's always nice to have someone else's views. My socks arrived at their destination and are loved, so I am now looking for my February 'be kind'.

10 comments:

  1. Your jumper's looking great, nice and colourful, and it looks warm too. What a great idea using those tubes to hold your needles together. Yes, it's nice to see new growth in the garden, it reminds me that spring will come even though it seems a long way off at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours in your knitting, they go together so well. So nice to wander around the garden watching the new shoots appear, and anticipation for the coming growing season. I know chores are just that, but there is nothing nicer than fresh bed linen and a vacuumed room xcx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jumper is going to be glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your jumper is looking really nice. Here in north Wales we had torrential rain last week but thankfully very little snow over the weekend. It's strange how the weather affects different parts of the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The jumper is lovely, it sounds quite complicated to me I have never knit a large sweater top down it's going to be beautiful when it's done. It's been frosty here for the past few mornings and as yet no signs of anything Spring like in my garden but the days are getting longer, that alone is enough to cheer the heart. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweater is looking great. You are so clever. I've been reading fiction recently as I've run out of non fiction and have lots of unread fiction on my bookshelf. I'm quite enjoying it for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love the colours in your jumper :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sweater is growing by leaps and bounds. The colours are so pretty.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an interesting way to knit a jumper. Knitting in the round is much easier though. I made a shrug like this, once. Due to make another one, some time, lol. I've been promising that for a few years now. Nice to see you're not wasting an opportunity to knit something though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your jumper is looking so good, I just love the colours.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails