Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 4 January 2021

Crafty plans

This year I am focusing on WIP's, with cross stitch, knitting, crochet and sewing, I have in each craft a few things which has lingered longer than they should, it would be nice to finish a few, the joy of finishing my Christmas cross stitch is still with me. 

I also have a good stash of cross stitch, sewing fabrics and yarn, enough to keep me crafting most of the year, it would be nice to use more of these items, my taste does not change so I don't have anything I find unusable, my smallest stash is yarn. 

I do have a couple big projects which I now know I will never complete, and at some point I will try and sell these on, I won't get my money back, but it will be good to see them used by someone else, if I can't sell, I will pass them to our local school for them to use in any way they want. 

My first task is with hexagons, I have made loads and always planned to make a sewing machine cover, this is a mixture of hand and machine sewing, I have pulled out my hexagons and plan to sew loads together to form a long strip, which will wrap around my sewing machine, I will back it with a plain cotton to give it strength.

I have 2 scrappy blankets, one knitted and one crochet, I would like to make more squares on each, I won't start sewing together until I have enough squares. My gift from Jo has added to my stash for these squares. 

I have supplies to try finger tatting and needle felt, I hope to be able to make a start on each this year, just starting simple and creating small projects. I also want to find a crochet design and follow a pattern, I know the stitches, I just need to learn how to follow a pattern.

SIL loved his colourful socks and have asked could he have more, so I've sort more courful yarns and needles to make a start, I really can't make him wait until next Christmas. 

I've finished my 1st book this year, it was a good one, I got it on kindle, safer reading this way. 
I managed to sort the decorations and pack them all away, a few clever changes and it was done in one day, Saturday was long but pleasing, what I thought was going to be hard, turned into a much easier task. I don't feel the house is bare this time, everywhere looks clean and tidy, I am burning candles each evening, keeping the house cosy. 

I feel the next couple of months are going to be stay at home, so I should have plenty of time to craft, something to do on the dark winter days ahead. 


7 comments:

  1. It's a good time of year to make plans for all the unfinished craft projects. I'm just the same, loads of things on the go and many more things waiting in the wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover of the book you've read its got me intrigued. I'll check my library download lists. You sound well organised with lots of things in the pipe line. I really do think its important to keep busy while all of this uncertainty is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some good crafting plans for 2021.
    I think with the new lockdown announced Monday evening it is even more important for us all to keep busy.

    Wishing you a good week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have plenty to keep busy with, and I look forward to seeing some of your finished WIPs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like me. I am finishing off projects and planning others. All will be using up stash items. I should not have to buy anything for a long time, and still be kept busy through the dark, dreary days and Covid restrictions.

    Hope you share some pictures of your finished products.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have WIPS but don't know if I'll ever get them done, so well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to make crafting plans at the beginning of the year my problem is following them through. It sounds as if you have plenty to keep you busy for a while I hope you will show us how you get on. Those little woolly gifts from Jo are a treat aren't they, I'm not quite sure what I'm going to make with mine yet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails