Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 30 June 2020

June round up



I have spent alot on my garden again this month, I got a 3rd water butt, we both felt this was necessary as our dry periods are longer and the rain not so heavy. I also got 3 Acers, all together in a pot, I have been promising myself I would get a acid green Acer for ages, the final big thing was the lights for the greenhouse. I also purchased yarn, I have a pattern ready to start knitting and I paid for another Christmas advent pack. 

As it's the end of June I have my half year figures, I have spent more than I hoped, but I have a few structure items, greenhouse shelving and water butt was not on my list to do this year, it's still much less than last year. 

I am waiting for an answer for my refund request, from the purchase of 'Clark's shoes', I don't hold out too much hope, I do think I have been had. 

We filled the car middle of the month, 1st time since March, nice double saving made by not using the car and the petrol prices being so low. 

We only did one big shop in June, we are trying to keep our larder and freezer full, who knows when this virus will allow anything like normal life and at the end of this year we have Brexit, we do most of our fresh shopping local, the village and local Co-op needs all the support we can give them. We do have another big shop from Waitrose in early July, just to have a few different items and I have been popping to our local Lidl's. We are having to ensure we check all our food in the fridge, normally we would pop to shops a few times each week, going once a week means we have to watch dates on fresh food. 

Our waste is very good, we paid a man to clear some of the bigger garden waste, I did not want to have to wait for hours to get into our local tip, we are not wasting any food and are ensuring we watch our water usage, we don't have a meter, but with so much hot weather, at some point water will get low, our water butts are full again for the garden. We do have loads of plastic carrier bags again, but we will ensure they are used as much as they can, before putting them in the bin. 

8 comments:

  1. I think you've done really well with your garden spend, considering how much you've done to the garden this year and how much pleasure it gives you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you pay for your shoes, you may be able to get a refund from the card company?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gardens can be expensive but when they provide so much joy as yours does for you then the price can't be measured. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly hubby does measure prices, he never stops me purchasing anything, but on occasions to see his face, well it's a picture.

      Delete
  4. Overall sounds like a good month, anything spent on the garden is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All spending on a garden is worth it, and just think how much you will save using rain water instead of a hose to water everything.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That seems to be the one positive thing with lock-down - we spend less. My savings on not buying petrol meant I could purchase some new bedroom drawers that I needed.
    Your major garden spending sounds more like an investment than an expense.
    Stay safe and keep enjoying your wonderful garden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do try and get things done whilst we can do things ourselves, but everytime I sit down, my mind is checking everywhere, I am a very neat person, so I do love a tidy garden.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails