Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 24 June 2020

Now in a heatwave

I have started knitting, I could not find a design I liked so I decided to knit the design I purchased the yarn for, but with a few changes, the length would be adjusted, firstly I found a simple pattern which used the same yarn weight and needles, I then did a test swatch to get an idea of my tension. I used the simple pattern to help ensure I have enough stitches, this should be a bit loose at the bottom.
I started knitting on the round, and found it was rather big, so I went back to my pen and paper and started again, this time I decided to have the opening at the back as shown in the original design, the opening will go to the middle of my back, I am not putting button holes in, I will sew buttons on top and ensure the back does not open. The design will not have the flowing bottom section, I am ensuring I have the correct width, so it looks correct, I don't want it a tight fit. This so far is less than half the 1st ball, so I have enough yarn, I am loving the colour, it's so bright and summery. 
I often pop my item on the floor when taking photo's, it's a bright spot and often the item is big and here I have loads of space, as you can see my production team as always are on hand, they are a nosey 
Two more books read, we spend time inside at the hottest part of the day, these books are over 200 pages, but I am a quick reader, I might have a break from murder and read something different, there are loads of books in this series. These are 45 and 46th read for this year. 
I have been looking for an acid green acer for ages, and promised I would have one this year, then lockdown came, I saw some being offered by Groupon, but worried about the quality, so I looked on line, these came from 'You garden', through Amazon, the packaging was great, I would use them again.  There are 3 plants in this pot, for now I will keep them together, but I am considering removing the red plant. 

Already this morning it is hot, we have stripped and remade the bed, which will be on the line soon, nothing beats clean linen bedcovers, hubby is out playing Petanque soon, I will take the time to steam clean our wooden floors, everywhere is so dusty with the doors open, the recent rain storms have washed away most of the smells from next door, experience tells us in this heat they will be back by the weekend, so we make the most of our outside space when we can. 
Later I will go for a walk with grandsons and daughters, along the beach at Hillhead, I will have to drive there but it's still quite local, I am hoping for a sea breeze.
We are being allowed more freedom, for me it's a scary time, I feel safe with hubby at home and in our village, and with both daughters, but I am worried about others, everyone interprets the rules differently, some disregard them, so life is going to be interesting. We have no plans to pop to a pub or eat out, BUT we will have a coffee and a cake at our local bistro in the village, we are supporting our local companies, already we have taken our winter coats to our local drycleaner. 



7 comments:

  1. Very hot here too, so we sat yesterday under the trees in our garden in the shade.. those books look interesting. I've been buying books as no library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby got them for me on my kindle, so they are free or cheap, normally about 99p per book.

      Delete
  2. It IS a very scary time now that there will be more freedom. Up to now people have been bending the rules to suit, so many will completely disregard the 1m rule and go back to normal. No pubs or bars for us this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the photo of the Acer before I read about there being 3 plants in there. I was thinking what an unusual specimen, beautiful. A neighbour has a large red beauty in their front garden. I dont know how you. An unpick and start again, I'd be crying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats are so curious, aren't they? I love the way they always come to 'help' you out with anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet to see your production team :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails