Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 17 April 2020

Meanwhile outside

I love our garden, here viewed from the back, the acer has beautiful new growth, so full of promise for the summer months to come. 
The different shades of green look good
 We have popped out the gong and wind chimes, 
I love to hear them in the garden
My head is looking good the Japanese blood grass is growing, I love the red new growth, when these thicken out it will look great. 
Spring flowers, tulips and bluebells
 Loads of flowers on my fruits, here blueberries, blackcurrants, raspberries and strawberries. 
 Nasties in the greenhouse, 4 are flowering. 
I love my string of pearls, they are quite long. 
I treated myself, I have a few books by Monty, 
I do love his style of writing
Thursday we did not get out for exercise, I had a couple of parcels arriving, one being the above book. I ordered a few things from Warm Glass, I had ran out of papers, which you place your glass on in the kiln, and tucked a few more things in my basket.
But it did give me time to work outside. The greenhouse is full of seedlings, this year when I sowed the seeds I spaced them in the seed boxes, therefore removing the need to pot on, most have come through, so I should have bedding plants for the summer. I am having to pull vine weed everyday from my raised bed, the warm location is perfect for them to shoot up, hopefully I will someday stop it growing in there.
Nothing required doing in the main garden, my old Peony is getting really big, the new one planted this year is showing good growth. My side bed is still full of daffodil leaves, normally by now I would have cut them off, but I decided to leave them and now our English bluebells are growing through.  I'm in no rush to tidy here, the bedding plants won't be ready for weeks, so it can stay a bit wild. The 3 pots along the drive are full of dead plants, there were pansies in them, again I have not cleared them, I don't want cats digging in them.
I have placed out my smaller Olive bush, which we damaged the roots last year, it is full of new green growth. Also I have popped out my pomegranate plant, but I have left my cape gooseberry in the greenhouse, I cut it back as there was loads of new growth at the base.
This morning we have rain, sweet rain, the water butts were almost empty, we last saw decent rain in February, it's much darker in the house, and not wearing shorts either. Nothing to do today, so it's going to be a crochet and reading day, I am pleased with the progress of my blanket, Pop master will be on the radio soon. I did spend an hour on the phone chatting to daughter, she will video call with the boys later.
We have managed to get a delivery slot for food at the end of the month, we like the rest of UK are in lock down for 3 more weeks, I can't see things changing much after that time, it will be a long time before we feel happy to be out general shopping.

10 comments:

  1. I think we're all so happy to have our gardens at the moment with things as they are, I do feel for those who have no outside space. It's all looking good with the jobs done early on in the year, you'll be able to sit back and enjoy it all now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks beautiful. You have some very interesting plants in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 'nasties' in the greenhouse. My friend has a similar plant but I think it looks like frozen peas! I too have a online delivery coming on the 30th and can manage quite nicely until then. Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is looking good. Yes, 3 more weeks at least! I think it's best but i'm running out of things to do, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your garden so much. It is so full of interest yet always looks neat and tidy. A perfect garden to cosset and cuddle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is fabulous, the acer does add a pop of colour to the lovely greenery.
    We've put our windchimes out, its nice to sit and listen to the tinkling sound.
    Rain here too, like you a quiet day....enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to see the garden flourishing. The bluebells tell us warm weather isn’t far away. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Firstly, sorry I haven't visited your blog for quite some time as I've had neither the time nor the inclination to go on my computer. Your garden is looking glorious! We've also had plenty of sunny weather. John does our shopping, but only locally at the Co-op. Stay safe and well. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty garden

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails