Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 28 April 2020

As April leaves

I'm inside with mum
 I'm outside with mum, Purdy is a very social cat, she follows me around, but always watching everything in the garden, she does not wander far from this space. Grace is asleep in her basket as expected from an older cat, she never leaves the garden. 
 I have named this pot Kirk, after Kirk Douglas, they have the same nose and chin. The Japanese blood grass is growing well, I love the red tips. 
 Kirk Douglas 
This white bleeding heart is just getting bigger, it will now live in this pot, I have never had so many flowers on it. I will leave it here in the same spot through out the summer months. 
 My Peony is in bloom again, 
 This is the most loved plant in our garden, taken from my mum's garden, it was in the corner of the lawn when I was a child, it has to be about 60 years old. The wire racks are to keep our neighbours cats off the garden.
The photo's were taken on Monday, whilst the sun was shining, again we had the patio doors open all day, spending so much time in the house makes me notice more than before, sadly I have no plans for the garden, everything big has been done, we are now both happy with the garden.
Hubby wants to clean and oil the decking, he also want to tidy our 2 wooden loungers and 2 spare wooden folding chairs, I do have to paint the front of my shed.
On the whole April has been a good month, we are all well in lock down, I did manage to lose a couple of pounds, I did put some on over the Easter weekend, but they came back off again. A few of my friends are putting weight on, they are now looking at their intake of food. Through health, I found out I had very high cholesterol when I was 19, so I have always watched what I eat and control food, I just needed to cut back on the super rich food and portion sizes. I do feel really good, I have found out clothes which I could not wear last summer, it's like having a new wardrobe, I looked for a favorite pair of shorts, which I think I sadly got rid of. I won't need any new shoes, the 2 pairs of sandals from last year both still look good.
I stayed up late last night and got another delivery slot from Asda, there is no point in looking at Sainsbug or Tesco, they are always fully booked. It means we are having a delivery once a fortnight, our daughter is doing the same, but on the week in-between, so we are getting most of what we need.  We help our neighbour who is shielding for 12 weeks, a couple of days before delivery there is always messages flying everywhere. Our lovely neighbour brought us some more bread flour, which again we have shared, hubby made them another loaf, and if I can get some SR flour, I want to bake a cake for them.

12 comments:

  1. Lucky you getting a delivery from Asda we've failed again last night to get a slot from Tesco. Nice flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your peony is so beautiful. I'm having a big problem trying to get flour now, haven't found any. I've only got enough ordinary baking and bread flour left for another week. Even Shipton Mill have suspended online orders as they can't cope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Archie's the same, he follows us wherever we go in the house or the garden. How lovely that you have the peony from your mum's garden, a true treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you've named your pot after Kirk Douglas :) We managed one late slot from Asda a couple of weeks ago, but now there's not a slot to be had! Luckily our Co-op is well stocked and only open to locals, so we can pretty much get everything we need there. We have also been pottering about the garden and enjoying the warm weather. Stay well. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to get some rain this morning. The garden and allotment really needed it. Everything looks even more green now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kirk is the perfect name for your pot, lol.
    I haven't bothererd trying to get groceries delivered after Joanne was told most of the things she ordered for delivery were out of stock. I prefer to to choose things myself anyway and only go once every two weeks. Our cats don't go out of the garden either, i'm so glad they just stop in the garden, it's safer. We have rain today, but the garden needed it so that's ok. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love peonies and yours is a lovely colour. So nice that you got in a bit of a visit with your Mom.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kirk Douglas was my first crush after falling head over heels for him at the tender age of about 14 I think - watching him in The Vikings! Your peony is beautiful and the same as the one I am waiting to open! Fingers crossed I get some flour in my order tomorrow! It's cooking oil that seem to have vanished now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My crush was Andy Williams, I still love his voice, Oh to be young and foolish again. We have found a local cafe who is selling flour, we will cycle up and get some, once it stops raining.

      Delete
  9. Kirk does look handsome with his red hair emerging.
    We've been awarded a weekly Asda slot, but trying to order is hard as the site keeps crashing at certain times of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your Peony is lovely, what a beautiful colour.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you are all set for summer :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails