Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 19 April 2020

Growing

I love these neat squares, they are just so pretty. 
 Progress, I've used all 10 colours once, in each row I have a hand dyed contrast squares, I am randomly placing them.
 I'm at the point where I need to decide what to do with this, I won't have enough yarn to make a lap blanket, I should be able to make a baby blanket, and the 100% wool is soft enough. Or should I make a square, and use it in another way, I'm not a fan of cushions, so that's not really an option. 
 It feels like a knitted work rather than crochet.
 The colourful squares are beautiful. 
 The 20 grm contrast balls are really small, which helps as they tuck inside of the main colour yarn ball, they look again pretty. 
I have not read much this week, I concentrated on learning this new crochet stitch, I am now comfortable doing it, and don't need to check back on the video, it will require and edging to stop the ends curling.
Thank you so much for all your recent comments regarding our garden, both hubby and I love being outside, and most days I tidy before doing anything else, the petals have almost finished dropping for the Magnolia tree. The recent rain has filled the water butts and given the ground a good soak, so I am very happy. We don't get many weeds in the garden, I pull any I see. The fence along side our horrible neighbours house is a constant work, there is Ivy now growing along the other side and of course vine weed, but I cut and pull any I see on our side. We have not had any issues from them, they have not asked for help, I do see the mother walking her dog most days.
Our neighbours at the bottom of the garden are lovely, 2 young men own the house and have another 2 lodgers, but one loves the garden and we often speak over the fence, 10 days ago he asked if he could get anything for us,(he works in Tesco), I asked him could he get dried yeast, he could not, but he asked in the bakery and gave us a block of fresh yeast, which we shared with neighbours. Last night I got a text from him, he had another block of yeast for us to share with neighbours, it's so lovely when people are so thoughtful.
We have like the rest of the country been watch Captain Tom Moore, raising over 23 million pounds for NHS charities, in less than a week, he has walked 100 laps of his garden before his 100 birthday this summer, the family hoped to raise £1,000, the spirit of people is amazing.
We look forward to Thursday evenings, we stand and clap for all people working through these times, but afterwards, we all call out to each other and check everyone is OK, this week for the second time we can hear all the boat horns from Portsmouth dockyard, it just adds to the moment.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful crocheting. And what thoughtful neighbours you have

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Tunisian crochet is beautiful, I think it would make a lovely baby blanket if the yarn is soft enough. Such thoughtful neighbours, it's so heartening to hear about people coming together and looking out for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How quickly your crochet has grown. Its lovely. Capt. Moore is amazing and so is some of the true spirit of being in it together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most people seem to be helping each other where they can.
    The blanket is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the crochet is turning out. I think a crib blanket is a wonderful idea.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have even had Captain Tom on our News here. He has become a National Treasure! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails