Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 23 February 2018

Sow happy

These are beautiful, spring is so close
 I spent 2 hours on Wednesday in the greenhouse,
I have cut back all my tender plants, ready for regrowth, they are under a plastic cover inside my greenhouse, I gave the whole greenhouse a good sort out. I have planted up 5 large seed trays, all with early seeds, I have no room for anymore seed trays.
This triple set is on my spare bed, it's a very sunny spot, it has all the different marigolds for the new stand I purchased, I can plant this early and bring it back inside if gets frosty around Easter time. 
I have not as yet planted the other plants I purchased, I need more potting compost, which I can get this weekend. 
 Another nasty
 My Amaryllis is in a pot in the greenhouse, to die back, 
I purchased this plant for in this glass pot. 
 All finished
 I'm pleased with how it looks
 It makes a nice lap blanket, 
and is perfect colours for use in our garden. 
Wednesday afternoon I spent 2 hours outside, mainly in the greenhouse, and just a bit of tidying around the garden, it felt good to be sowing seeds. I have loads more but they require sowing in later March, the fake grass makes the plot look good, I have loads of bulbs showing, all different types, so loads of colour to come. I found 2 small buckets with daffodils in, which hubby planted last September, they were tucked away in the greenhouse, I forgot he had planted them, but even with total neglect they are growing, I have placed them on our decking, so we can see them.
Yesterday daughter had a spa day, so Will spent the whole day with me, we both sniffed the whole time, we stayed inside and played, I read whilst Will had his naps, he is tired as his blocked nose does not allow him to sleep for long. Will loved the new blanket, it was on the floor most of the day.
We are having Will on a sleepover tonight, so mummy and daddy can go for a curry with friends, we prefer to have him overnight, than babysit at their house, plus they get a later morning.
Today I am going into town, I require nothing, we have only purchased bread, milk and veg this week, I am meeting an old work friend for lunch, I do want to look in TK Max, not for clothes, I love their kitchen and garden sections, they always have different items.
It's sunny and cold here, so I will wrap up warm.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blanket, Marlene. The colours are gorgeous! I have never learned to crochet, though I have a neighbour who makes lovely things. I should ask her to teach me one day! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a successful shopping trip and found some bargains.
    Poor Will, no fun having a cold when you are a little one.
    Get well wishes to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lap blanket is lovely, such pretty colors. Love seeing the Spring flowers. We have just had the coldest week of the entire winter, it is getting old!! Have fun with Will!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails