Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 28 February 2018

February

I spent loads this month, spring and summer flowers, bulbs and tubers
cotton thread was expensive,
crochet hooks as well.
I purchased 4 item's of clothing, all reduced. 
I don't normally buy makeup, 
household was my orchid. 
It's been a good month for savings.
Saved £41.00 on my car insurance, same company with a loyalty discount, the policy is good with all the cover I require.
MOT on my car, £59.00, just a number light bulb required, we did have to buy 2 new tyre's, not bad for a car 4 years old.
We pay £90.00 per month, which is now being reduced, £106 per year savings on gas and electricity. As yet we have not moved the heating level, most days I only have the heating on 1st thing and then in the evening, our sitting room only has radiators, so we do not have a heat boost for the cold times. When Will is here, the heating stays on most of the day. So far our heating is less than last year when I was working full time, but I am often out in the day time.
I have started some seeds, I plan not to buy any flowering plants for my garden, I will grow everything from seed, so the extra cost have come earlier this year.
My steps are terrible, with my bad back early on in February and then having these bugs back for two weeks, I have not done enough walking, but I am not going to worry, I'm feeling better so I can get out and about again.
Hubby is not happy and bored, the events in Brecon has been cancelled, he had decided he would not travel, the promised snow looks really bad. He is not driving until Monday, he has no inside hobbies, I suggest things to him, but he is not interested. I could be a long few days here, I have loads to do, and always busy, if I find time I like to sit and read, I have some bunting to make.
This afternoon I think we will be going out, we have no snow here as yet, we require nothing, but it will be better than listening to him moan 'I'm bored'.
Will is being checked regularly, he is a bit young for them to operate unless they have too. Yesterday he came out in spots, Chicken pox, he's not a happy little boy.


6 comments:

  1. £9 a month for heating is brilliant, I pay £79 for all our power needs gas/electric. I normally get a rebate if £150 but leave it till the last minute to take it as they give me 3% interest on my balance. The heating is on most of the time now we are both home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Will - chicken pox is horrible for small people. Good that will keep a close eye on him.
    Lots of snow here 6 inches and still falling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, not chicken pox, mind you, he's probably best getting it out of the way whilst he's young. I'm never bored in the house, I have loads of hobbies, my problem is that there aren't enough hours in the day to do them all. I don't know how I ever found the time to go to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pity your husband's trip had to be cancelled - I hope he won't remain bored for too long. Hope all goes well with Will, always a worry with children. Our daughter's children have all come down with Chickenpox. We've had a little snow today with more supposed to be on it's way. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If my DH ever complains that he doesn't know what to do I present him with a list of jobs and I find he suddenly finds something he wants to do more!
    Are Chickenpox going around - I have never had it but would not like to get it now - I hear it is worse as you get older. Poor Will hope it is a mild dose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have friends who say their hubby's are hard pushed to find things to do when they retire in the house. For us girls its not hard is it... always something to craft or read. Poor Will, hope he isn't too ill with the chicken pox.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails