Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 16 February 2018

Going Grey,

Three new titles
 This is really random, no design in my head
 When I have had enough of the grey, I add the pink mixture
 We were out early so we brought cakes for our coffee at home.
Fake Friends by Jane Fallon, was a brilliant book, I could not put it down, I just wanted to know what happens next all through the book, I will looks for more titles from this author. I am fully back into reading again, thank goodness I don't have to go to work, gives me plenty of time.
Yesterday I had lunch with an old work friend, Linda and I sat next to each other giggling most of the day, work can be great fun with the right people. We caught up with our Christmas news, our Children and their children, it's nice to have time to chat.
The reading wigwam has just one small job to complete, which I will do later, after I have given it to Will, I will do a post on it, once started it was quite easy to make, I kept it simple as my daughter does not like anything too fussy, I also made two cushions for inside, I can't wait to see Will in it.
Hubby made sausage rolls and my cheese straws are in the fridge made and will be baked tonight. So everything is ready for his party tomorrow and his birthday on Sunday.
This afternoon we are going to see Black Panther, in our local cinema, which is the cheapest of all the local places, we are using the over 60's discount, we will not take or buy sweets, so even having to pay for parking it's still a cheap afternoon.
Later my sister and her partner Alan arrives for the weekend, so our small house is going to be busy.

3 comments:

  1. I've just reserved Faking Friends from my library as you made it sound so good. I don't know how long I'll have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire all of the reading you get done. I am slowly working through this month's book club read: Dear Life. Books are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review on Fake Friends Marlene, i'll look out for it being returned to our little library.
    Happy Birthday to Will.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails