Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 10 February 2018

Alsorts

I love these flowers, I had some years ago but after a very wet winter I lost them, it will be great to have them back in our garden. The scent is fantastic and really does smell of chocolate. 
This blanket is now a good size, I will do 1 set of each colour, finishing with the green, which will make it 45 inches long, perfect for the cot. With the left over wool, I should be able to do another 1 or 2 rounds of each colour on my big granny square blanket. Every time I pick it up it feels like spring in my hands. 
 Will's cot covers are looking good together.
  Sorting my very small yarn stash, these should go together well.
My dear hubby drives mini buses a couple times a week for a local community service, mainly taking disabled, elderly and school children, to clubs, day centres and school. On Thursday he took some ladies out for the day, having to spend over three hours at the site, so I went with them, it was a Market Garden, I was disappointed with the tiny garden section, but the shop, bakery and butchers were good. There were loads of shoe and clothes shops, most of which we passed, but we looked at the sale in Edinburgh Woolen Mills, we both got a couple of items, the prices and quality were too good to pass.
Will slept over last night, he was good and slept through, woke at 6.30 this morning, after a good breakfast and a small play he is having his morning nap, I will wake him at 10.30 if he is not already awake. Mummy is picking him up at 11am, they are then out for an early lunch.
My sewing is going well, still not able to show my finished items, they are all for Will's 1st birthday next Sunday, so photo's will follow.  I love my sewing machine and I'm very happy with fabric, scissors and an idea in my head, I can work happily without a printed pattern, most of my skill I got from my mum, we would work together and she encouraged me to make my own clothes, I made my first skirt at the age of eleven, from that point I was hooked.
My crochet is fun, I do it most evenings, I found the grey and pink mix yarns in my tiny stash, I think they should work well together, I am going to make another granny square blanket, they are so easy to make and very useful, Will already loves the first one I made, so a second bigger blanket would be useful. Once I have used these balls of yarn, I only have bits and bobs in my stash, I will be looking for some sock wool.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely blankets Marlene, both crocheted and sewn. My crocheted blankets and throws give me lots of pleasure too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look of those plants I think I might look out for some when I go out with mum on Wednesday. Blanket is looking fabulous too. I picked up a knitted skirt and long line cardigan in the sale at Edinburgh mill for £25 which I thought was an excellent bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pastels in the wavy blanket look lovely and so do the Cosmos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blankets are gorgeous!I love your colour choices for all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the crochet blanket you are making. It reminds me of Attic 24's blankets. And who wouldn't love a dose of spring every time they start to crochet. I love granny squares too. So easy to transport and work on anywhere at any time. Your post makes me want to get some material out and start sewing together squares!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented x everything you do looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not come across Chocolate Cosmos before, will have to tell DH about those.... thanks for the recommendation .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cosmos flowers but I've never seen a chocolate variety! How divine to have them growing in a garden. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails