Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 14 August 2017

Relaxing

I have baked another Lemon yogurt cake
we both love the taste the recipe can be found on my page at top of blog. 
 We will be over run with tomatoes soon, so I decided to strip the yellow tomato bush of all it's fruit.
I have four pounds of unripe tomatoes, so I am going to make green tomato chutney.  
 This citrus juicer cost me £1.43 in the sale
I will use it in my greenhouse, I will make wider holes for planting seedlings.
 Another clever purchase is these four plastic rings.
They should be used over mixing bowls, but we required something to keep the pigeons away from our feeders, they don't manage to eat much, but they do manage to throw all the seeds across our garden.
On the plus, reduced in Wilko's just 25p each. 
I had the most fantastic weekend, Saturday, I spent most of the day reading, The Shadow Sister, Lucinda Riley was good, I have read The Angel tree by her before.  I also have read When the music's over, Peter Robinson, which whilst well written, it was not a subject I would want to read again. I am now reading The Crow girl, Erik Axl Sund.
Sunday  doing housework, a bit of baking, again loads of  reading, later after hubby came home we went for a nice walk. Having the sunny warm weather helped as I could sit out side for most of the time.
This morning I spent time in the greenhouse, it looks much tidier without the tomato plant, I have loads more room. I have cut the plant down to one small shoot, I am going to try and see if it will grow and I can get a late crop, the greenhouse is in a very sunny spot. Hubby cut the leaves off the second plant outside, that too is full of fruits.
Later we took the bus into town, only I had to pay hubby has his bus pass, I won't get mine until I can get my government pension. We did not stay too long, just the few bargains above, we then walked to the garage and picked up our camper van, all serviced ready to go away later this week. We popped to the main library in hope for more titles from a couple of my favorite authors, I was very disappointed, I thought our local library was better stocked.
Soon we will pop for our evening walk.

7 comments:

  1. We had fried tomatoes on toast today with our little tomatoes. I, too, have cut some leaves off the tomato plants today to let more light get to them.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a nice relaxing weekend. My tomato plants are only just getting going, there's loads of fruit on them, I'm just waiting for them to ripen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marlene, for some reason I can't click on the Recipes link, it has no 'clickability', unlike the other things. Actually, WIP doesn't either. I really like the look and sound of the lemon yogurt cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of the lemon yogurt cake, I think I will try that sometime. Good idea with the citrus squeezer, my husband made me a big dibber.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lemon yogurt cake sounds wonderful, I must try it as I love lemon and yogurt!Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are enjoying retirement! I wish I had all those tomatoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could just eat a slice of that lovely cake... better look at your recipe.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails