Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 8 July 2012

All together now

 This is how Patchwork Sampler should look as done by Jan Houghman, its perfect, I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. Below is my finished photo's, I did not want the letters  through the design or the centre panel.

 Bottom rows

 Top rows

 Here in the centre was the biggest changes, 
I left out the large panel, and stitched the designs so they crashed into each other, reusing a couple of panels to fill in gaps. All was worked using DMC silks I stitched on Zweigart, Lugana, 25 ct, the fabric has perfect squares, 
 Arty shot, every one has one.
 Purdy loves my new camera, I love this shot, she is so contented with us we can get really close, I tried to get the same shot with Grace, but she is camera shy. Laura my camera is Samsung, PL122, 16.1 mega pixels, with a bright red case! I'm loving it
 My next project, Tree of Life,by Klint, using Madeira threads, I've not used them before, my only change is to use a finer linen, using just one Strand instead of two. Normally I use my DMC silks and then pass on the kit, but as this was a give away I won, I want to stitch it true, no changes I promise.
 Below sums up our summer, the flowers are there, but always raining, we have had 3 days of rain, many places in the south west had 5" of rain yesterday, loads of flooding, I am happy to say we and all our families are OK, but my heart goes out to every one who is suffering because of this weather. And to everyone suffer from the heat in USA, loads of us are having an off summer for so many different reasons.
The wedding dress is done, I have not made it just a few stitches to tidy it up, we changed the straps and also added fastening on the back, so the lace does not have to been done up tight and look scruffy, pics will be here in September. I have a book to read, Peace is every Step, by Thich Nhat Hanh, it's talks of the Buddhist values, helping you to accept what you can't change, and showing how wonderful each day could be.
I'm off to get every thing done, we are watching the Murray final, I hope it will be as good as the ladies yesterday.

14 comments:

  1. Herzlichen Glückwunsch!!!!
    Die Stickerei ist so schön. Da kannst Du Dich sehr freuen.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,it looks fantastic.Love the Penguin too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Patchwork Sampler is incredible, Marlene--congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats really inspired me!
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sampler! You've done so much work! :D I am really looking forward to the Tree of Life. It's a beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Patchwork Sampler is stunning. What a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patchwork Sampler looks fabulous, a wonderful finish. Your book sounds an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy, Shamoly, you finished the patchwork . . and it is a real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your finish is beautiful.
    Purdy is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your patchwork sampler is beautiful. I am looking forward to see more of your new start. Purdy is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! The sampler is amazing and I think I prefer it without the words across too :) We are having a dreadful summer aren't we - but there's still time for improvement. Can't wait to see your next project progress along:) Your photos are really nice and your camera sounds great - I fancied red too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on finishing!! It looks fantastic and I like how you didn't include the words. So much better!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails