Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Stitchy night

 Last night, I did some more on April, I brought Mill Hill Petite glass beads, white 40479 and pink 42018, I did also buy blue, but found they were the wrong size again.

At the top and bottom, I used the white and pink beads, I wanted a softer look here, but the centres I used just the white, I do like the sharper look here, all I now have to do is stitch the centres, I do have pebble beads for here, but I am going to try the pink Swarovski beads left over from Su's wedding dress. So fingers crossed it will be finished tonight. I have also decided to frame this one.

I am planning a quickie, we are away next week, 4 days in Devon with friends, hubbies play golf for 4 days, ladies have spa and large craft centre, last year I did sandblasting on glass for the first time. So I'm not taking any of my large projects with me, after we have 3 days in Somerset, which is home for me visiting family. I am going to see my sister-in-law who has just got the all clear from her battle with cancer, which pleases all of us. I also get to stay with my brother Martin.

Nothing much happening here, work, garden and family, but that's the way I like it. We are glad to finally get some decent rain, but fingers crossed it clears in the south west for next week.

PS watch this space I have brought the coolest litttle gift for hubby

2 comments:

  1. April is beautiful! Soft delicate colors.

    Glad to hear you get to go away this weekend and get to see Martin.

    And what did you get the man in your life? Can't wait to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sewing looks beautiful and the colours are just so:) Enjoy your time away and good news on your sister in law. Intrigued at the gift for your husband!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails