Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 24 July 2024

Busy day

Daughter took me out for lunch on Tuesday, to the shore at Warsash, it's a small village on the other side of our local town, I had not realised it was on the coast, again so many small sailing clubs, which are everywhere locally.


These two had loads of fun, they look like twins, George is a year older than Molly.


As with everywhere else, here Will's double photo, first day at school along side last day at infants, I love his cheeky smile. He starts his summer holidays today, Wednesday, how quickly they grow up.


I spent the day at daughter's on Tuesday, most of my time was working out in her front garden, everything needs trimming back, it was hot and muggy, not the best day, I just wanted to get it done. it was much harder work than here, as it has not been done for a while, and it's much bigger than ours. Daughter knows nothing about gardening, she will start to learn, but with the two little people, it's impossible to work and supervise them, so I did most of the work. I have purchased garden gloves for both of them, they were very good at picking up the cuttings and carrying my tub to the bin to be emptied. Sadly daughters lawn is full of weeds nothing we can do about it yet, just keep it short.

We had a lovely lunch out in a cafĂ© on the shoreline, and then a walk to let Molly and George run off some energy. I hope to be able to pop back with hubby, just like here in Portchester, it's a nice local place to visit away from all the tourist. 

Today is market day, so I will walk to the village, I don't think I need anything, but it will be nice to have a look around, rest of the day will be in my garden, dead heading and enjoying the space. My knees ache from kneeling for so long yesterday, which was expected, a restful day will soon sort me out.

10 comments:

  1. Enjoy your restful day. Hope the sun shines. It has gone away again here today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have said it's a beautiful sunny warm day here.

      Delete
  2. It's raining here today but at least I can garden in the polytunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to be able to spend time in quiet seaside places and lovely for the children to get loads of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will looks so grown up. I spent today in our garden and it felt very therapeutic. It's always nice to discover local places that you're not familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will has grown and changed so much! No sun here today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see pictures of Molly, George and Will, they grow up so quickly.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photographs. Just look how tall Will is! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cheeky grin as well. The grandchildren are growing by leaps and bounds.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It feels good to be outside and for the children to get some fresh air. Those school day milestones go by so quickly. Will looks so grown up and ready for his next step up to big school. Good luck to him. lovely photos of Molly and George.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails