Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 16 July 2020

Feeling happy

Reading Mr Tickle to grandsons, simple pleasures.
These wooden bowls were turned for me, a friend has a lathe and I asked him to make me a bowl, he made 2, the smaller bowl was from a log he found on a walk. I love the feel of natural things, I had planned to use this bowl in my shed, but it's too beautiful, so it's in the house. 
This top is almost done, just the neck and arm bands to do, I don't have much yarn left, but as always I have a plan. 
Grace is following me everywhere, this summer she has more energy than normal, she is 15 years old, and a huge part of my life. Purdy was sat a little away watching us, our cats are such a part of our home. 
This perfectly formed bud on my cosmos.
These flowers, just one small spot in the garden. 
For the 1st time in ages I can say yesterday I felt happy, it was a simple day, normal day, but doing simple and normal things these days are so special. My hairdresser cut my hair, 1st time since early March, I wanted to change the style and she did a great job, did as I asked, it felt so good, I even popped on a bit of eye makeup. Later daughter came for a visit with Will and George, we walked to our local Bistro in the village, had a lovely lunch, Will was so happy to be there again, the waiting staff are so good, answered his questions regard their visors. We had a quick walk around our market and then home for play time. Later a lovely evening just hubby and I, so a simple normal day, I did not have time to feel worried, no time for thoughts of a second wave, family time beats everything else. 
Monday was a sunny day, we spent time outside enjoying the garden, watching birds, I even did some knitting on my summer top. 
Tuesday it was our turn to host the sign ladies coffee morning, we all sat outside keeping distance from each other, hubby made a marmalade cake, and I made my cheese straws, nice coffee and a decent chat. Later more knitting and reading time. 
It's been a better week for me and for one day I did not struggle with everything, we did simple things, enjoyed family life, I have said it before we need contact and interaction with other people to make our lives complete, I hope today I can carry some of yesterday with me, if I can't, I do know happiness is just within our reach. 
On a plus I have managed to style my hair correct this morning, it's much easier with shorter hair. 

8 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see you with Will and George :) My hair is also in desperate need of cutting. It's good to feel some normality in life again, though we must still be cautious. I really enjoyed my visit to my daughters on her birthday last week. I hope you can continue to enjoy time with your grandsons and life will be less stressful for you. Take care, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for simple and normal bringing peace and happiness into our lives. Long may it continue :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having my hair cut tomorrow a d still debating how short. Seeing the family is a real mood lifter. Our granddaughter has asked to come and stay and we've agreed as hubby returns to work 27th and once he starts mixing with people again we will have to take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the photograph of you reading Mr Tickle to your grandsons. It is indeed the simple pleasures and ease of contact with family and friends that is so important.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks really good. Peace be with you always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to be able to spend some time with the grandchildren. I am glad that you were happy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we've all realised that normal is good. Things we once took for granted are the things we've craved through lockdown, spending time with family, a trip out somewhere, even having our hair cut, though I'm sort of regretting my trip to the hairdressers as she scalped me. Oh well, it'll grow back. You wouldn't know that Grace and Purdy are the age they are, they look much younger cats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful wonderful wonderful photos The first one x and very swishy hair xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails