Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 30 July 2020

As July fades

I have cast on another pair of socks, these being shades of grey, not exciting, but the person who will receive them will love the shades. 
Book 56 read this year, 
I really must find a different type of book to read,
 I am fed up with murders. 
I was laughing at the radio interview with Jenny Eclair in the week, and said this book sounds brilliant, my lovely husband went online and got it for me. It will be good to hold a book again. 
I started some forget me nots a while ago, I pricked some out into this tray, I would like some dotted around the garden next spring. Soon it will be time to sow my winter pansies. 
Our Olive tree is full of tiny Olives, I did cut it back in mid June, so I am pleased to have such a great harvest, these won't be ready until next summer. My smaller Olive plant is doing well, we damaged the roots back in May 2019, I cut the plant right back, now it is healthy again and I need to decide if I am going to keep it or sell it. 
George came to visit whilst Will was at pre-school, he is the happiest baby ever and loves cuddles with his Grancha, he is 8 months old now. They were taking selfies together, George like Will loves any phone. 
It has been a very mixed week so far, we have stayed at home after our trip away, giving us time to ensure we did not bring any virus back from Somerset, having said that our families are still all well, daughter came over on Tuesday which was unexpected but lovely, she is such a support to both of us.

It's scary how the infections are rising around Europe again, when people travel they take the virus with them, I can't even think of using public transport of any type. As for holiday accommodation, I would need to clean the whole area before I could use it, sorry to everyone who has lovely places to stay, I know my fear is overboard, but this hidden virus is unlike anything we have ever known. 

I still have to finish the arm and neck bands on my orange summer top, I have stalled with this project, I have been trying to see if I can get some more of the yarn, most places have sold out,  I have been given some bright orange in the same brand so I can add a stripe and make the pattern as it was designed, or I can completely change the bands, I just can't decide at this moment. I would like another yarn project, knitting or crochet, something big, but I don't need any knitted jumpers or cardi's and I don't want to make any more blankets. 

I do have some sewing to do, and plan a machine day. Rachel from Eternally28 on her Instagram account showed photo's of her working on her sewn hexagons, I've not touched mine for a couple of years, I have loads made, they just need to be stitched together, at least I have been thinking about them, but sadly not pulled them out yet. 

Boredom has been a huge problem, wet days inside aren't good for me, I am restless, nothing is catching my imagination and again I am over thinking everything. We both love these few bright sunny days, we are having a typical English summer this year, a good mixture of wet and dry days, which is great for the garden, it also helps in our garden, the wet cooler days keep all smells and flies from next door to a low level. 

6 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about the boredom. Mine is psychological because I'm staying away from public places as much as possible I feel restricted if that makes sense. The socks look great, grey is on trend! George is adorable and I can't believe how quickly time had passed. He's sitting there all grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the family photo, they both look so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. George is absolutely adorable, glad you were you able to have a fun visit. I forgot about your hexagons, hand sewing seems really relaxing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LB was supposed to be going to Brussels with a couple of friends next week to stay in an Air BnB, but she's had to cancel. I have to say that I'm relieved they cancelled, as the virus is picking up in Belgium again. She was disappointed, but I don't think it's worth going anywhere outside the UK for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable smiley photograph of George and Grandcha.
    The weather has been so changeable lately. I'm sorry you're struggling but it looks like we'll be getting some sunnier weather into next week. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your last photograph is fabulous - two wonderful smiles.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails