Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 23 July 2020

Back home

Just a simple pack of seeds, but I have had so much trouble obtaining these, can't get them or any plants locally, I have a tall pot in the middle back of my herb garden, and I want it full of these daisies. I finally got these on line, after first checking they came in this packet and not sent from China. 
We have new growth on our passion flower, these are tough fast growing plants, we have a couple of months for it to grow, which should allow a few flowers next year, flowers grow on second year and older stems. The clematis is still dormant, I will leave it until next spring, give it a chance to come back. 
Hubby having the best of times.
Blackberries in July.
I have done loads of reading, I did not read The Infirmary, it was a prequel to another murder, and I don't enjoy when story lines go out of sequence, this makes 55 books read this year. I am not going to read anymore of these books. 
We had a brilliant couple of days in Somerset, seeing both Logan and Finn, mummy and daddy was great, we did keep our distance, but might have had a quick cuddle, our boys have grown so much. We spent one day with my brother, sister  and her partner, outside in my sisters lovely garden most of the day, chatting, doing normal things, later we popped to the village pub for a burger, again sat outside, social distancing is so normal to us now. The last day we drove to Castle Combe race circuit, where hubby drove an e type Jag, it was a birthday gift from his children, his birthday was last September, he loved driving this iconic car. 
I found the few days away very uplifting, as I have said before simple normal things make me happy. 
Last night I gave the garden a good watering, this morning we have picked more tomatoes, there is a cucumber which will be ready for  the weekend, we have started to pick ripe blackberries in July, as a child we always had blackberries in September. 

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful time away, they do say a change is as good as a rest, and especially so with everything that's happened this year, seeing family means so much. Glad you got a cuddle or two in, it's so hard to distance ourselves from much loved little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased you had such nice family time away ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely that you got to spend some quality time with your family.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you were able to get away for a bit and had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like your trip away made you feel lighter and happier, Marlene. The daisies will look pretty when they grow and bloom. MegXx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails