Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 18 November 2019

Full of colour

I loved this book, a mixture of traditional and modern Japan, two stories running together, clever use of words, I was hooked on the 1st page and could not put it down until the finish. This is my 54th book read this year. 
 Working on 2 blankets can be fun, but neither is finished quickly, I still have 16 rows to do on the ripple, I miss counted before and have one complete section of colours to do. It is not a big blanket. 
I have brought this Amaryllis back inside, it spent the summer in my greenhouse, last year it had stunning pink flowers, I am hoping I can get another bud this year, so far I have not had much luck getting Amaryllis to bloom a 2nd year. I have not planted my birthday bulb yet, I will pot it up in December. 
 The flowers are beautiful, 
the sunlight catches them in the morning, 
they look like summer in a pot.

Saturday was as always great fun with Will, we walked to the village, did our shopping and then went to Darcy's for a drink and tea cake, he was so cute, so many people spoke to him and he loved it. Back home he helped in the garden, hubby cut back a few branches in our tree, Will loves picking up leaves, I pottered in my greenhouse, and had to name plants for Will, he loves the what's that game, and then got his little motorbike out to scoot around the dry areas. Mummy collected him after lunch after having a long lie in and a lazy breakfast, it was good to see her so relaxed. Later we both sat with books reading, it's a lovely way to spend an afternoon. We spent the evening with friends and neighbours, sharing Prosecco and Chinese meal, loads of chatter, it was fun and not to much of a late night, we watched Strickly when we got home.
Sunday we had a late start, after a bit of a tidy around inside, we had another lazy day, waiting for my brother to arrive, he had spent Saturday night with his daughter, who lives local to us. We had a lovely afternoon and  evening catching up with family news and an early night.
Again its Monday and Will is due, no plans, if its dry we will be outside.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've had a lovely weekend. Good luck with your amaryllis, I replanted an old bulb last year but it just grew leaves, not a sign of a flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the Amaryllis, I have always wanted to give them a try.

    The cactus flowers are beautiful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a beautiful Amaryllis 3 years ago but the bulb didn't store well. You scarf looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the Christmas cactus is stunning! I only ever had the leaves on my Amaryllis too when I re-planted, you never know though, you could drop lucky. I've bought one from Aldi to plant, the one i bought from there a few years ago was huge. Your blankets are coming along nicely, you will have them finished in no time:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas Cactus is amazing, such beautiful colour.
    Your weekend sounds a good one :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails