Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 21 November 2019

Finished and ongoing.

This blanket for baby George is finished, it will live in mummy's car to keep him warm through the cold months. I really enjoy making ripple blankets of all sizes, but these little ones are so quick to make. 
 I used Patons Baby smiles 4ply with a 3.5 hook.
 I am using some yarn purchased from Hobbycraft, I got 3 balls of 150 grms in a buy 2 get 1 free offer, I am using a smaller hook size of 2.5, the yarn is 4ply, so it's a tight woven design. I have no reason to make this, except I am enjoying the process. 
 The photo's here do not show the true beauty of the shades, it's really dark here today. I should be doing other things, but I am loving this blanket
I have been watching a video for a different design, I love this star design, it's Bella Coco on you tube, I used her video for the ripple blanket, I find her videos to be well lit and easy to follow. BUT, I will not start this until the new year. 
Nothing much happening here, my brother is here for a few days, and he has not wanted to do much, so lazy days in together, watching a few films in the evening, it's fun to catch up with him.
I have had time to do crochet, but not much else, I did not want to be busy doing things when he is here. On the downside, it means my sew machine has not been used, I have a few things to make, which now won't be looked at until in December, which is later than I wanted.
I still have one pair of socks to finish, just the foot to knit, which won't take long.
Tomorrow I hope to marzipan one Christmas cake, for our daughter, I am still feeding our cake brandy, I have stopped feeding her cake as Will loves cake and I don't want it to boozy for him.
Nothing much to do in the garden, just pick up leaves, it's now so cold and gloomy, not to good to be outside. I did take a couple of cuttings off my outside geranium, it's in a raised bed and should survive the winter, it was left out last year, so it's just in case, it's such a pretty plant.

6 comments:

  1. I really love the colours you've used in George's blanket, they're so bright and cheerful. How lovely to have your brother there for a few days, enjoy your time catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely colours! What lucky boys your grandsons are. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in the first blanket. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours in baby George's blanket, that worked up really quickly. I've got a few things I want to start but not going to start anything new now until probably Christmas Eve, when I can finally put my feet up and leave the rest to Sants, lol.
    Love Bella Coco's videos, she explains things really clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. George's blanket is lovely, he'll be so cosy underneath that.
    Thanks for saying about Bella Coco, i'll have to investigate as I really like the Star blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really are do clever, the star crocheting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails