Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 13 November 2019

Finishes and starts.

All finished and ready to be given to my friend I used Drops Nord mix, 4ply, which has Alpaca yarn in, it is beautiful to knit with. 
The knitting is done on my shawl, it's a bit smaller than others, but will fit under my jacket. I am going to add some crochet flowers using the pale colours, just to finish it off. The colours are muted, it was dark when I took this photo. I will in the new year be shopping with Burrow and Soar again.
I have started the ripple blanket for baby George to use in the car, it will be the same size as Will's, but I have changed a few colours. I am using Patons Baby Smiles 4ply again, I do love this yarn. 
 I got this basket for the garden, but it has never left the house, it's perfect for holding my yarn, and makes using it so simple. 
 I have also started another granny square, I got 3 balls of this yarn from Hobbycraft, I thought it might be good for my loom, but it does not have the strength, so I'm having a bit of fun. It has a silver thread running through it. 
Another good finish, (1st part), I have baked both Christmas cakes, the house smelt of spices for 2 days, it was lovely. I will decorate both cakes this year, daughter will be busy with a new baby. 
It's been a good crafting time, I still have a pair of socks to finish, and maybe another pair to make, I have the gift for my brother to make, and some sewing for a friend to do, and my bag to finish.
Christmas cards design is forming in my head, I won't make them all the same this year, it will be an afternoon's task, probably next week.
I do have a French cross stitch Christmas tree I started way back in May 2016, I got it out last year but did nothing, I hope to find some time to try and finish it this year, it's far too beautiful to be left unfinished.
I feel as if everything is under control, we have done loads of Christmas shopping, all very early, but we are away the last week in November and baby George is due the following week, so I need to have time to support my daughter and her loving family.
We have already decided not to drive to Somerset this year, I am hoping my sister will visit here next week and my brother is having Christmas with us. We will get to see our Taunton grandsons in the new year, neither hubby or I want to make the long drive.
So whilst it pours with rain, I craft, hubby reads, we stay warm and dry, again we are so sorry to see all the flooding in the north of UK, the flooding seams to happen every year, just the location in UK changes. I thank goodness everyday, we are safe and dry.
This morning is sunny, cold and dry, we are not expecting it to stay this way all day, but it's a nice change, I shall walk to the post office soon, and have a look around our market, I have nothing I need.

11 comments:

  1. You make such nice things, Marlene, I love the colours of your granny blanket. I'm starting to feel like crocheting again, now it's so much colder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do keep you warm as you are making them, I can't sit still and do nothing, so simple crafts keep me going.

      Delete
  2. Your shawl is beautiful - your friend is a lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both shawls came out great Marlene and i'm sure you will have the ripple blanket done in no time :-) My Christmas shopping is almost done too, hopefully I will be able to enjoy December this year instead of rushing around. Thank you for the Christmas cake recipe, I'm hoping that I will be able to get it made this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finishes! Your shawls are gorgeous. Baby George is such a lucky boy and not yet born! I'm sure you must be all so excited about his imminent arrival. It's been very wet, cold and windy here the last few days. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Water ingress is horrible, water damage is soul destroying. I too am glad I live in an area that doesn't flood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy!! The shawls are lovely, and the colours in Baby George's blanket are perfect.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shawls, they didn't take you long. I love the colours you've chosen for George's blanket, and the ripple design is a favourite of mine. There's been a lot of flooding here in Yorkshire, it's so sad to see. As you say, it seems to happen every year now somewhere in the country, I can't imagine what it's like having your home destroyed in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you are well organised for Christmas and baby's arrival. I love seeing the things you make, and the cakes look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shawls do look snuggly, you've knitted them up really quickly. George's blanket is growing well and so colourful too. We are quite organised this year, making things simpler and easier with each passing year is helping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We'd love some of that rain your getting, Marlene. We've heard a few rumbles of thunder this afternoon but the rain all went to the North of us. You have made some lovely things with your knitting! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails