Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 20 November 2017

Our weekend

 This came in the post, later coffee and read.
I subscribed in the summer when they offered 2 years at a highly discounted rate, for their 50th anniversary. I am saving each copy as I won't buy another subscription. 
We popped to Monkton Elm yesterday, it was mobbed, so I walked around their craft section. I love these colours, the cost has been added to my stash list. 
Thinking ahead to Christmas, from Asda. 
We have been home again to Somerset, staying with my brother in Cannington, we all went for a family meal Saturday night, at a local pub, The Malt Shovel, Blackmore lane, just outside the village. Another great meal, my only criticism, was why do places serve such huge portions, when almost everyone was not able to eat everything served for their meal, almost every plate served whilst we were there was piled too high. The cost of the food was good, and it was all cooked and served well, we all saved money as no-one could eat a dessert. My sister was not happy to have a wooden block for her main meal, preferring a plate.
We popped to the local Asda, it's a much smaller shop than at home, and picked up PJ's for Christmas, a matching pair for everyone including baby Will. We also stocked up on loads of bit's and have enough toilet rolls for most of next year. We do like their own brand, quilted shades.
I love the garden center at Monkton Elm, it was full of Christmas stuff, all of which we walked past, I have no plans to get anything new from local places. I did linger longer in the craft section.
Sunday we saw our lovely Taunton boys, Logan and Finn, both are so much taller,  but still full of fun and laughter, an afternoon inside playing together. Later an adult evening with mummy and daddy sharing a nice Pizza.
My niece has a new baby son (6 weeks old), so we had cuddles, he is tiny compared with Will, how quick all our grandsons grow.
We stayed an extra night and traveled back this morning on much quieter roads, we enjoyed the extra time with family and a much better drive, not so many cars whizzing past us on the A303.


5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time down here, Monkton Elm is our favourite garden centre. Not tried the Malt Shovel yet, heard good things about it....not sure about the wooden blocks though, hate those, what's wrong with plates!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a Gardeners World subscription, it's definitely one of the better magazines, especially for gardeners. Restaurants seem to serve their meals in all manner of ways these days but I still prefer a good old fashioned plate. Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should do better at documenting our life like this. You do a wonderful job at it and I imagine that's it's wonderful to look back at your months and years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DH subscribes to GW, he passes his copy onto someone else who wouldn't be able to get it themselves.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails