Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 28 November 2017

Card making

I love the finish on this card 
I am sending it to everyone, wishing you 
A Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy New Year. 
 My desk, 
Inner's and  cards in my production line
  A few of the finished cards
 More finished cards
I have been busy making our Christmas Cards, each year I build a design and make all the cards the same, I enjoy creating a production line and building the finished cards.
This year I was looking at my stash, I have a couple of small drawers full of bits and bobs. I had not purchased anything for this years cards, my thoughts were to use what I had. I always keep bits from cards sent to us, I love to be able to look in my stash and see a choice of things I can use. I love the embossed cards, and I have a good choice of designs.
I pulled out 40 cards, using one small pack of brown card and loads of odd cards in my stash. I also use A4 card which I cut and fold for cards.
I then embossed some with different designs. I put a glitter gold band around some plain white cards, thus having a base to work from. I also die cut loads of Merry Christmas (as seen on the brown card), these are messy to stick to the cards but always look good.
I love an inner page, and this year I chose a pale green paper from my stash, I use my computer to print the words and cut a nice wavy cut. I still have to add these inner's to the card.
I try to ensure I have some cards not to thick, we need to post these, but the hand delivered ones can be more fun. Making loads of different cards does take much more time, but I have enjoyed building the designs.
I have also sorted my stash, and chucked some things away, and have room in my drawer for any bits I keep from this years cards. The card used were all purchased for previous years, I have just used the left overs, so I have not spent any extra money. I did buy a pack of 50 cards last January in the sales, but the pack is unopened, therefore ready for use next year.
The special cards for family I purchased from our local nice independent card shop.

7 comments:

  1. Your cards are really lovely. It's great that you have been able to use things from your stash and that the cards haven't cost anything extra this year, that's a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Marlene, bet the recipients are very happy to receive such lovely handmade cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards, I'm hopeless at the ideas bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very talented and look marvelous. I too love making cards, I find it very therapeutic. 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, I don't need to make any this year I have plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really pretty. I hope you have some nice scissors to do all of that tiny cutting like the birds on the holly leaves. Must take forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful handmade cards, lovely for your family and friends to receive.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails