Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 30 November 2017

Making savings.

Another good month, under spent by £35
and I am £100 below last years spend
We had a smart meter fitted this morning
 Going to help us keep track of our bills
Batteries included

12 days of Christmas
1 Large family photo frame
1 small silver photo frame
1 Cross stitch book
1 Book full of cards (flowers)
2 Christmas hardback reading books 
1 Christmas Robin mug
2 Soft teddies
3 Lace table runners
1 Framed poppy plate
2 Nanna plaques
3 Red beaded cushions
1 Cupcake stand

I try and do this each year, 12 different things to the local charity shop. I also took a couple of hardback novels, most of the above was good enough to sell as presents, as many of them were given to me a gifts. I also gifted to the little girl across the road my two level light box, I purchased a three level light box, I can now use longer words in my quotes. 
Hubby has been in our small attic to get my decorations down, he has been sorting and we now have two holdalls for the charity shop.
We spent this morning sorting paperwork, I have thrown away loads of out of date things, we now have an empty drawer. Hubby burnt all the papers in our chimera as none of our neighbours had washing on the line. 
Also this morning we had smart meters for both gas and electricity installed, it took less than an hour to fit, all our meters and pipes were checked as well. As you can see from the photo's we can now keep tracks of our bills, we are already good at turning things off, have energy saving bulbs, and good insulation, but it will be useful to keep an eye on our winter bills.
I have been busy cleaning ready for the decorations to go up, I want them all sorted before Will comes back from Grandma's house, I will start this afternoon and hope to get them finished by tomorrow, we have a busy weekend coming up and I have Will on Monday. To help distract him from our tree, we spent £3 and got a couple of noisy toys, both will stay at our's, his house is like a toy shop.

3 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to having a smart meter but not yet available here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing well with your spending. I always left some of the kids toys at my mum's house when my two were small, they enjoyed having something different there than they had at home. I'm sure Will will love his new toys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will's going to love to see your Christmas decorations when he visits next.
    Great new toys for him.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails