Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 27 June 2010

Hottest day

Today is going to be the hottest day of this year so far, we have had good sunshine for the past couple of weeks, and it is set for well into next week. When the sun is at it's hottest I prefer to sit inside in the cool. My cushion front is coming along well, I did not take it with me last week, so I am catching up I have done 42 out of 100 squares.

Below is another free flower, this is sat on my downstairs bathroom window sill, I do love the colours of this orchid.

When we were away last week I had my first attempt at glass sandblasting. There were many different items to choose from, but I thought a sun catcher would be fun. We used "peel offs" as used in card making.

We stayed in Devon near Oakhampton, which is in the heart of the country, the views were breath taking and I have just a couple here, it was very hard trying to decide which one's to show.
This view is over one of the 7 golf courses around the hotel, Kev had a great week of playing golf and even won one day. I spent most of my time with two friends sun bathing, swimming and doing a bit of craft. I am now relaxed, tanned and healing rather well.

This was on the last night, we went out to dinner and for the golf presentations,


Today we are having another BBQ, just for the family, England is playing Germany in the World cup football, so the match will be on the telly. I will probably do some more of my cushion front.

I'm still not going back to work, another weeks rest is looming, I have nothing planned and will take each day as it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails