Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday, 25 August 2026

More reading

I have not read this author before, I chose it because of its location in North Somerset, it was full of places I knew around Weston-super-mare, I worked out most of the plot, and became annoyed to all the references to previous books. Book 58 read this year. 


I tried the first book in the series, it had a better plot than the above book, again I was able to guess some of the back story before it was revealed, it was nice to know the area's located in the book, it helped bring the story to life. Book 59 read this year.


I love this author, always a great plot, living in London, Nell witness a woman's phone is snatched out of her hands, the woman gets into a car to chase the bike, then Nell reads headlines, the woman has been murdered. This one event resonates through Nell's life, still shaping the person she is today, I did not guess 'who' (as in the title). Book 60 read this year.



I have read all the Roy Grace books, this title is the latest, a train is derailed and a sniper kills one of the queens party, Roy and his team have to find evidence and work out who and why, another great plot with a lovely twist at the end. The final sentence leads to the next plot. Book 61 read this year.


Another thrilling book, a couple on a tour of Europe, whilst in Romania their passports, train tickets and money are stolen, they are removed from the train in a remote stop. Back home their lives are changed forever, their world has fallen apart and then weird things start happening, I could not put this book down, brilliant plot. Book 62 read this year.






There is very little to do in the garden, I still deadheading the flowers, everything is starting to go over, it has been a harsh summer. I am picking tomatoes, cucumbers and now raspberries, I dug out another bag of potatoes, I have one bag left. My runner-beans are starting to grow.

I have picked up my cross stitching again, now it's cooler, the heat made me feel tired most of the time, I make mistakes when I'm tired. I have been looking at my scrappy knitted blanket, hopefully I can do more, it's again too warm to knit.

I have been thinking about my 2025 blog book, I have just a few months of my post to import, I have plenty of time, the best discounts are always in November, I do enjoy the process of making my book.

We have watched a few programs on TV, we are enjoying The Great British Sewing Bee, hubby loves it as much as I do. We watched Ann Droid and loved it, I've not seen Diane Morgan before, with Sue Johnston, who I love, we both hope a second series will be made. We watched Murder 24/7, not our normal watch, we have gone back to series one. Ludwig is back on our screens, series two is as good as the first, what have you been watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails