Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 28 April 2024

Strange.....

 I have been shopping, from a good supplier, Coastal Succulents, Cacti and Alpines, based in Somerset, they are not the cheapest, but they do have some very different plants. I am hoping betty's new hair will grow and look as good as the advertised photo, it has already grown loads. The string of pearls worked but it was time for a change.

I also got a praying hands, back left hand corner, I have changed this trio of pots about, the living stones were not happy, so they are in a pot in the greenhouse, the Haworthia Cooperi I have put into the right hand pot in front, I think it will be better on it's own, it's a baby off the original plant which is now huge and in the greenhouse, three of these plants were purchased in March 2021, so I am happy they are growing so well, these stay on my desk.
We all love a free plant, this one Mangave 'snow leopard' was in my parcel, I've planted it and popped it in the sitting room. I do like the red edges to the leaves, I've not seen this plant before so growing it will be fun, it already looks to be growing another leaf.
My pregnant onion has bumps, I can see three, hopefully babies, it's sat on my desk by our huge window, a very sunny spot. I have loads of tiny flies off this plant, a bit annoying, but not enough for me to move the plant.
I got a new plant for my spaceman pot, sadly I don't know what it is called as it came from the garden centre in a tiny pot with a generic label, looks good, this trio on my electric wood burner always looks good, we only ever have the lamp on in the dark evenings so it's a perfect spot for them. 

I do love the weird and wonderful when it comes to houseplants, same with my choice of pots, most of which I get off line as local garden centres are very mainstream with their plants, no pretty flowers here, spiky, weird rules for me. I have a wall of shelves in the greenhouse which has more evil ones, away from the grandchildren. 

My desk is clear of seedlings, everything is back in the greenhouse, hubby is happy, he hates the cluttered look, I don't mind for the few weeks to be able to watch them grow. Other than inside the greenhouse there is little to do in the garden, give it a few weeks and I will be busy again. 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link. I do like 'Bad Hair Day'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband wouldn't like my cluttered plant nursery and polytunnel and compost area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I love the Bad Hair Day. Hope it grows as well for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my houseplant babies. It's really satisfying to see most of them thrive with a bit of care, although I'm not the best at looking after them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your plant and pot collection. I love growing different things but am limited in this small house since we moved. My windows used to be full of plants in the old house. The space and the wonder of the out of doors around us now, makes up for that! (mostly!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like your trio on your electric wood burner, they look good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. You reminded me how fascinated I used to be with Living Stones. Maybe I should be looking out for some :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails