Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 12 December 2020

Flowers in the garden

This is my 77th book read this year, I do love this author, she always makes a good story line, it was a slow start, set in 70's, I found it was authentic of the time. I am aiming to read another 3 books before the year end. 
I got the next selection of books from the library, Blood orange was on my list of books to read and I do love S K  Tremayne. I won't read Danielle Steel, the other 3, I don't know anything about. 
The garden has loads of colour, cyclamen are in full flower, I grow these in pots, so I can place them where they can be seen. My begonias in the 2 chimneys have finished so now we can see the cyclamen blooms, I never remove the corns from the chimneys they survive our winters and come back each year. 
I love to see this metal table each winter, it's the only garden furniture left out, I always have cyclamen in pots here, it is the first part of the garden you see as you walk to our back entrance. The garden is still looking good, I do have bare patches, but I can live with that. 
Hubby is doing well, resting which is good, not getting too frustrated, I am so glad we sort Christmas by the end of November, we have an Asda order due on 20th, which will top us up nicely, for the fresh stuff I will walk to our local Co-op and use the vouchers. I do have to take hubby to local hospital for a check up on Tuesday, I will have to sit outside in the car again.

I popped to my friends with the 12 days of Christmas cushion, which she loved, we sat just inside her garage, keeping our distance, naughty but it was chucking it down with rain, she has a new hearing dog a cockapoo, called Hunter, he is beautiful, very happy in his new home, he's really lucky he will have a loving home. 

It's Saturday again, where did that week go, I must get the parcel in the post to my sister and brother, I have no excuse, I have started Will's second sleeve for his jacket, I hope to finish and get on with the armhole shaping on the body. I will have plenty of knitting time later, first I have ironing to do. 

4 comments:

  1. My reading has slowed down as has my crafting, I just haven't got the time for it at the moment. I read Blood Orange a while ago, there's a lot going on in it and I did enjoy it but guessed most of what was happening. I've read all of the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency series except the most recent one, my library doesn't seem to have it in yet. I'm glad the Twelve Days cushion was well received, such a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 12 days of Christmas cushion was a such a lovely gift. My reading has almost stopped but I date say it will return. The garden is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Library books I have to collect, we are not allowed inside, I have signed up for 6 books each month, which they choose for you. When you return the books they are left on shelving for a week to isolate. It's a great scheme.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails