Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 15 August 2020

Third time lucky.

As the title says, it has taken a few tries to get this knitting sorted, the pattern shown in my last post for a baby dress, typical me I have changed how I am knitting this, instead of doing a front and a back and then sewing it together, I have knitted on the round, I checked the pattern and it worked without having to adjust the number of stitches. As for my issues, 1st attempt, I got to row 5 and realised I had a twist in the knitting, so unpick, 2nd attempt, I got to row 9, but it looked scruffy, I do knit loose if I am not concentrating, so unpick again, lesson learnt pay attention to my work.
Up close, the pattern is lacy and the yarn is flecked, 
so together they are creating a pretty design. 

I have done more on my socks, the grey colour is boring, 
but the person will love them, so I keep going.
I love this cotton yarn, the shade is to my taste, I have a lacy short sleeved jumper pattern for this. These were on a special offer and I made a great saving, yarn is not cheap, so I love it when I find something I like, because I knit in 4 ply I don't often find the best bargains. I can knit in other weights, but I love 4 ply, it drapes and always looks lighter. 
My yarn order has arrived, 8 balls of cotton and 4 balls of Drops baby Merino, as I said in my previous post I love this yarn, it is soft, and lower in Lanolin, which gives me problems. I'm not sure what I am going to use these for, but I got 10% off (1st order discount)  and the price was the same as on other sites, purchasing them put the value of my order to obtain free shipping. I am tight and never like to pay postage. 
 I have been impressed with Knitting Network, the parcel came quickly and was well packaged without using plastic, they have sent me another 10% off, which is dated the end of this month, so that won't be used. They also send emails with their deals on, which is OK, I only purchase when I need too, I am trying to keep my stash at a reasonable amount. 

Nothing much has been done, we have had a few dull and muggy days, still to hot to do anything, and with nowhere to go, we stay at home. We had another order from Asda, keeping our stocks up, I do feel OK popping to Lidl's every other week, and there is always our local Co-op. Last night was cooler and we both slept better, it's another dull day here.

We have a mouse problem in our attic (loft), which is next to our bedroom, previous owners built into the attic, so we only had a stud wall dividing both areas. Hubby sorted one end a couple of weeks ago, but mice are still getting into the attic, we have placed traps, but we need to find how they are getting in. So we emptied everything out, and found no nest, but signs of activity by the joining wall to next door, which is no surprise to us, we have added more traps, which hubby will check daily, we could not find any point of entry. On the plus side, we have listed loads on local selling pages and have already sold some stuff, I found a wool winder I forgot I had, and we have thrown stuff away. For now we have a tidy attic space. I have listed my tailor dummy and my loom and all the items to go with it, sadly I find problems with my back when weaving. 

2 comments:

  1. I have seen the new stylecraft linen yarn on a few youtube channels but will not buy any, I too am trying to keep the stash under control. The socks do notlook boring but I know what you mean, I am knitting a plain mustard pair and even with the blueberry waffle pattern it is toecurlingly tedious.
    if your loom has not sold I would be interested, I have a dear friend who would love one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a shame that you're having to sell your loom, it doesn't seem long ago since you bought it, but I know from recent experience that you don't want to aggravate a back problem. I'm sure the baby dress will be worth the effort, it's so pretty, and I'm the same, I'd much rather knit in the round than flat.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails