Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 2 September 2017

More bargains,more spend

Wilko's had more garden stuff on sale
I have been looking at these tall plant supports for ages
They were reduced to 90p each, so I got six
they are already in use for my raspberries
 Our Wednesday market was almost a washout
but the plant stall was there, these two were 50p each
now in one of my chimney pots
 Couple of library books
 At the BBQ on Monday, I was recommended two books to read
Our local library did not have them, hubby ordered off Amazon,
both secondhand, so not too expensive.
I am thinking of adding books to my stash list, to keep an eye on cost. 
We popped to Wyevale garden center as I required some farmyard manure and they were selling 3 bags for £10, so 1 bag almost free, I also got a small bucket of daffodil bulbs for £5,  large flower blooms  for the side garden. I also got a large clay pot to use as a stand for my succulent pot,  the pot I have was knocked at our BBQ and had a huge crack in it, so now it will be used for crock. I passed all the plants, hubby had a good look around but decided the front garden was OK.
I spent about £30 in all which has been added to September on my stash list. Each year I tell hubby that's it I have everything I need, hopefully this year it might be true.
Hubby did get two recliners for the van in their sale, very light weight and comfortable, the seat are bright orange, which is not a colour I would have chosen, but they were cheep.
I have not finished the curtains for the van, each curtain I have needs to be cut down for two places, I have done half, but the van is away for a few days having some body work done and a partial respray.
I have also some blue material in my stash which I can cut into two, after edging I can use over the seats as throws  to reduce  the amount of red in the covers, I can then fold the throws and store making it easier to use the throws.
Now I'm doing housework, later Will is coming for another sleep over, it's hubbies birthday today, we are having a takeaway tonight. Tomorrow we have nothing planned, morning with Will, the afternoon weather will decide what we do.

5 comments:

  1. Just trying to do some blog catch up. Looks like you got some good deals. I hardly ever buy books new, unless they are a craft or a cook book. Congrats on spending less than last year, whether you were trying to or not! Happy Birthday to Hubby.

    Thanks for your kind words on my blog.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... The Handmaid's Tale disturbed me so badly I could not finish it. Please let us know what you think of the ending because I still don't know what happens :(
    For our camper, I made our pillows out of my grandfather's shirts. The curtains I bought actual curtain panels and am cutting my sections out of those. It was the most affordable way I could find. Please share pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you watched A Handmaids Tale on TV? The first series has finished but available on catch-up and a second has been commissioned. I enjoyed it. Great bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your van, yes I am a sad 'train spotter' at present when it comes to campervans!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's rare I go to shops out of the village these days other than countrywide or the builders merchants but I do find it hard to turn down a bargain. Books still seem to end up here though. I'm going to have to start selling some or giving them away on my blog maybe, for the self sufficiency ones I no longer need maybe!
    That looks like a list of books that my wife would read!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails