Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Getting back to normal

One lonely rose from the garden
 My Orchid still doing very well
These are so cost effective, the blooms last for a couple of months.
 Hubby being soppy on holiday
he's a romantic at heart
 Almost me, on holiday
Bargains
The above, 2 cot sheets, baby towel, pack of 5 muslin squares and a nice bib, just £7.50 from the local Co-op, the cot sheets are for daughter, with winter coming the extra 2 will help. The other items are for our house, Will already has the same bib for use at his home, we keep nappies and wipes here as well, saves bringing loads when Will comes for a visit. We also got loads of reduced food stuff for the coming week, nice way to start shopping.
Hubby got a good deal on renewing our house and contents insurance, our policy is due to go up by £42, hubby went on line, found the cheapest for us without loosing any benefits, it was with Halifax, who are our providers, so on the phone they matched the new policy and we got a £50 cash back (due in January) and saved £20 on last years prices.
It a cool sunny day here, but I am inside, a huge pile of ironing needs to be sorted. Later Will is coming for a visit, whilst mummy visits the dentist, we have missed not seeing him each day.
My garden and greenhouse was OK whilst we were away. We have a tree surgeon coming on Monday, and with the weekend fore caste being good, I hope to tidy my garden, move plants into the greenhouse and plants spring plants and bulbs, which I already have, so no extra spend.


5 comments:

  1. My orchid has just put up a new flower spike so I should have blooms over Christmas again. You did very well with the bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had orchids for 5 years and then they died. I'm hoping to pick some more up in spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's getting to be that time of year for final blooms. My dahlias are still quite pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bargains.
    My orchid is doing so well this year, a gift that I seem to be looking after properly this time after killing off the last two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just been catching up with you, glad the pocket arrived ok. love what your hubby was up to with the stones.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails