Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 19 December 2016

Weekend over

Dave the bear is feeling festive
 These two are finished for this year, the Christmas tree was from last year
 On the spare bed over the weekend
 These were from last year as well
I did not get my Christmas tree finished 
 This bud is opening, not sure if we will have flowers for Christmas day
 We have had a busy and restful weekend, my brother Martin came down overnight on Saturday, it was as always lovely to see him. We had an evening in together, loads of fun and chatter, I love my brother and hubby get on well together.
Sunday we had our youngest daughter's baby shower, it was lovely to see so many of her student friends, who we knew so well a few years ago, they are all nice ladies, they each brought a plate of food, so we had lunch together, and then a few games. Later hubby and I had a restful evening.
So a busy two days, but no at all stressy or tiring, I feel as if we had a lovely long weekend with people we love.
So now we are looking forward to next weekend, other than one small shop for fresh dairy and veg, we are ready, which is good as we have a weather storm advancing towards us.

6 comments:

  1. How long until the baby is due?

    Merry Christmas to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounds lovely!
    I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am asking myself do I have time to make some festive cushions, yours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of lovely makes, how lovely for a group of student friends to lunch together as young ladies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a lovely weekend, nothing nicer than spending time with family. The baby shower sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is lovely to have one of these type of weekends every now and again isn't it? Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails