Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Quickie

Our garden this morning, another frost, the starling at the tree feeder is having his breakfast.
 I have done no craft, not a stitch, no inspiration, 
but here is some work done by Fliss
 All stitched free hand on my machine, 
lovely to have my daughter teaching me things.
 Just needs to be made up, cushion cover?
Every thing is on hold here, my back has caused me more problems and with two trips to a chiropractor, it is now beginning to feel stronger. How easy is it to put your back out!
I have not finished making my cards and they need to be in the post, I'm home today I will see if I can get them done, everything is here, just me.
I also need to get my sewing machine out, the weather is so cold I need to wear my warm winter coat, but the woolen fabric near the lowest button has pulled apart and I need to make a quick repair, the coat is perfect for this time of year and other than this small area is in perfect condition, I am not getting rid of such a warm coat for one little thing.
As for Christmas most of it is done, I have a couple of presents to get, Su and I have a day together next Monday, so I should finish then, but every thing has stalled.
We spent a lovely weekend in Somerset, time with Logan and baby Finn, excited house for a little boy. I saw Martin and Leanna, we had time to sit and chat. Martin and I spent a lovely afternoon on Saturday with Mel, my older brother was looking very ill but still had his sense of humour. We even managed to avoid a huge accident on the A303 and have a good drive home.
But sadly Mel passed away on Sunday evening, so everything has now stalled.

8 comments:

  1. Marlene I am so sorry about your brother but I am so pleased you made it down to see him. My heart goes out to you at this time. I think it's quite understandable that everything has stalled.

    Love the cushion that Fliss has done - quite unusual.
    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read you have lost a family member, my thoughts are with you.

    A lovely sewn Christmas cushion front by Fliss, that is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear such sad news about your brother. It's lovely that you were able to get down and see him and that he was still in good spirits. Sending my deepest condolences to you and the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for you loss, sending you hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am both sad and happy with your post. I am sad that Mel passed, but I am so happy you got to see him one last time and he still had his sense of humor.

    Guess who got package from the UK yesterday . . . ME ! ! ! ! ! !

    Thank you! Thank You, Thank You! And Indy thanks you too. She had her nose pasted to the package I thought I was going to cut her whiskers off opening it. I guess Purdy and Grace really leave a good scent :)

    I smiled the whole time I was unwrapping . . . and the tell tins brought back such fond memories of my trip to England :) I have heard that the phone boxes are going away. They aren't changing the mailboxes too, are they? They are so iconic.

    Now, I need to ask you a favor. Would you message me and give me your address again? I thought I wrote it down and, of course, I can't find it.

    Indy says I have to send Purdy and Grace two of the catnip toys I have made for our local maternity shelter.

    Oh, your card came out beautiful and the pillow is exquisite. The dog pattern is the perfect color for Indy, the sea horse will remain on our wall tree all year. And the pudding ornaments . . can't wait until someone asks me what they are :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss Marlene.

    Fliss did a great job on the pillow.

    Sending hugs and happy thoughts your way.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

  7. So sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and sending hugs .xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails