Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 15 July 2010

Happy Birthday Mum

Today would have been my mum's birthday,
Below is the last photo I have of all our family together,
it was at my younger brother's wedding, I'm on the end in the black hat.
I had 6 brothers and 2 sisters, this was taken in the 80's, mum loved that coat, my brother was still in the army at the time. My dad died not long after this photo.

This photo was taken when I was 16, we went to Stonehenge, it was at the time when we could walk through the stones, today you are only allowed to walk around the area. This photo brings back memories of a good time, I was lucky and had a good childhood. The hand writing on the photo is mum's this was taken from her album, scanned for me to keep. And yes my skirt was that short, them were the days.

It has rained here all week, good for the garden and the general water levels.

1 comment:

  1. Aww what a wonderful memory xx thanks for directing me here :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails