Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday, 23 September 2026

Cool stitching

 Long term readers will know my favourite craft has always been cross stitch, I rarely purchase kits, preferring to find designs to use with my extensive collection of silks (floss). I love to stitch collections of smaller designs to look like patchwork, often making huge pieces. 


This is my latest project, I have not done much in the recent heatwave, it's another mix-up of designs, so I do need to concentrate, it can grow quickly, I do work on each band individually, which keeps it simpler.


Having finished the top outer border, I have moved my work and wrapped some around the top bar. I am working on the outer lines, towards the placement of the middle stars, once I have the length with lots of counting and checking, I can do the next bigger design row.


This is a long term project, this outer border is the most boring bit, once its done I can have fun in the centre, at this time I have not considered how to fill the space, here is just under half the size of the project. This is my biggest project to date, I'm using 32 cwt linen, it's the last big piece with smaller holes, in my stash I have plenty of aider with bigger holes.



I have picked up my knitted blanket again, I am going to make it bigger and hope to use it on my chair in the sunroom, the two little ones always sit on my chair, they can be messy, so the blanket will help keep the cream fabric clean. I have also pulled out more yarn to knit socks, which I don't really need, I do love knitting them, they are simple and lightweight, I have memorised the pattern after making so many. I have also been looking at my stash of cotton fat quarters (fabric squares), I fancy doing some patchwork, not hexagons, I still have some left from my sewing machine cover. I am also thinking of making some needle felting Christmas ornaments, I have everything I need.

The past few days have been sorting inside, I have done some work in the garden, we are ready for our visitor, we are not making plans we can decide where to go once Paula has inputted what she wishes to do. I have previously visited family and spent days doing things I did not want, so we will wait and plan together. 

This warm sunny weather is very welcome, we have our morning coffee in our sunroom, we face the sun keeping us warm, we are protected from any breeze, it's a perfect spot, which we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails