Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 7 May 2024

Veg post

 My broad beans pods are filling out, soon we will get our first harvest, much earlier as these were planted late last year. I have nipped the tops off, as I want all the energy going into turning the numerous flowers into pods. I have some blackfly, but I won't do much about it, I am organic so I don't spray, maybe Northsider , Dave can give me a few tips. 

My second raised bed is going well, the runner beans are now at the top of the willow fence, my broccoli is looking strong, and I have both beetroot and parsnip seedlings showing, I have some marigolds I want to pop in this bed, to attract the bugs away from my veg. There are a few potato plants which I did not plant, left over from my Christmas crop. 

The last minute peas are now doing well, they are all looking strong, as are my potatoes in their bags, I am really hopefully to have some small but tasty harvest from this new section. The potato bag in the front will need another earth up, and then it's a case of watch and hope. 

The last place outside is this raise bed, now my salad bed, lettuce are doing well along the middle, these were purchased as plug plants, there are a mixed salad leaf and a baby salad leaf in the front, both grown from seed. At the back radishes and spring onions are showing, we have had our first harvest of these lettuce, just cutting the leaves and allowing the plants to grow. 

My carrots in both buckets are doing well, these are still in my greenhouse, along with the horseradish root I planted, I've used an old chicken poo pellet container. I have also got tomato plants and cucumber plants, they are all doing well, as is the numerous herb seedlings. My greenhouse is in full production at this time of year.


Saturday more flowering plants found their way into the ground, mainly in the old herb bed, I now have pots for seedings, again flowers, should be full of colour this year.

12 comments:

  1. That all sounds most encouraging and looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it lovely to have a productive and beautiful garden? We're hoping ours does as well as yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks as though it's growing really well, you'll have some good crops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinching out the tops will certainly help your broad beans plus giving them lots of water to stop being stressed and soapy water often deters the black fly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am envious. It looks so neat, organised and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks to be growing well. Our beetroot and potatoes are doing okay, but I don't know what has happened to our carrots. They've disappeared! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks to be doing well, you must be very pleased.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's all looking really good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much going on in your garden. Love it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you'll be eating well this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your veg beds are looking super healthy and productive. Hopefully you'll get some great crops.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You will have lots of lovely veg this year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails