Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 1 June 2023

Inside out

We had Molly on a sleep over, with 3 children we have them sleep over one at a time, she slept all night and was really happy next morning, it's been years since I did little girls hair, she is not keen on having her hair brushed, so after cleaning her teeth, I left the cold tap on and did her hair whilst she was playing with the water. 
Just a few new things in the garden this year, the Azalea has loads of new buds, I'm not normally a fan of pink/red plants, the Geranium in the mug, is a replacement for a plant lost, both photo's on top row. The tiny white flowers in my half pots looks pretty, my Camelia is still blooming, with just a few buds left, all these plants are new this year.
These blooms are regular in the garden, the chives are blooming again, I love them, we do cut them, but always grow too many. The Hosta, in my copper coal bucket grows well, I pull it away from everything in hope to stop the slugs and snail, at some point the leaves will all get eaten, but it's the natural cycle. My early Alliums are blooming, this is their 2nd year. 

I am trying a few new plants this summer, my Astrantia's grew well, one is in the garden the other in the huge pot by my greenhouse door. This Physalis, Chinese Lantern is completely new, I have popped it into my big brown pot, which was the only empty pot, it's still in the greenhouse, now by the open door, soon I hope to have it in the garden. I am growing this for ornamental reasons, not to eat any fruits. 
I want to change the two bigger pots by our side door, our main entrance, at the moment I have eucalyptus which has got woody at the bottom, it's hard to try and keep them like a bush, after chatting with hubby we have decided to go for white lavender, he has blue lavender in the front bed. Being tight, I have decided not to change the pots this year  I have taken 8 cuttings from my white lavender in the back garden, just to see if I can get 6 plants, it's worth a try, I have rooted lavender before.

I have three water butts, and I have just half of one butt left, so as the half term comes to an end, is it wrong of me to hope and want rain, any gardeners will understand, going into summer with little rain water, is not a place I want to be. Everything is focused on the outside at this time of year, we are enjoying our space, and next door has gone quiet.

It was fun to have Molly, she is so much like her mum, brings back so many happy memories, she plays independent, and tries most everything, typical youngest child with her I can do it attitude. I did tell my daughter the trick to getting Molly's hair done. We have had a simple few days at home, eating loads of salad and relaxing.

One final thought, how can it be June already, sat here shaking my head, it will be Christmas all too soon. 

7 comments:

  1. The time just flies by. This week I caught myself ordering something I thought would make a nice Christmas present for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet picture of Molly playing with the water.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. We desperately need water in our dry butts. What a brilliant idea to get your granddaughter distracted by the water to brush her hair. I have made a mental note for when mine come to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Molly is just like our daughter was, she hated getting her hair brushed and I would always need to distract her. Your flowers are lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a word of warning about Physalis, Chinese Lantern. It can be very invasive and will easily and quickly spread through a flower bed. Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that, I would be very unlikely to put it in the garden, thank you for the advice.

      Delete
  6. A brilliant way to distract Molly while you did her hair.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails