Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 29 January 2023

I love where we live, we have a gentle good life, in a lovely area....

 I did my 'Hope' post last week, I was in a reflective mood, for the second time in just a few weeks someone had ended their life by jumping off the local motorway bridge, such a sad way to end your life. I was also upset by the cruel comments being made on our local Facebook page, about the selfish action of the person, the moderators took down the post.

Last night our motorway was closed again, this time the person has survived, can't imagine the injuries they have, local Facebook page was very respectful. I can not imagine being at a point where I no longer want to live and be brave enough to climb on a bridge. The life of a police officer or a medic to arrive at such a scene, or even worse to have to go and speak to family. Life is never easy, people can hide their feelings and their problems, these times we are living in are harder for some, we moan, but we shouldn't.

If you know anyone suffering, even if they have not spoken to you, help them, even if it's just to listen to them, sorry if my post upsets you, our world can be so sad. 

Be kind to everyone, you never know how the other person is feeling.

 

12 comments:

  1. That's a lovely thoughtful post. My son has had to deal with the consequences of a few people who have ended their lives in an horrific way and it is devastating for so many people, not just the family of the deceased. I really can't write online about what he has had to deal with. I agree, be kind to each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was unsure if I should post this, but the sadness I feel today, I needed to say something. Thank your son, he sounds very brave.

      Delete
  2. On the surface, suicide does seem a selfish act - however, nobody is in their right mind when they do it, they're obviously in such despair they can't see a way out other than that. Very thoughtful post, Marlene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear this Marlene. It's very sad that people feel so desperate that to end their life seems their only option. There are probably so many people out there suffering in silence, not feeling they cannot talk to anyone when they desperately need to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good of you to post, we need to talk more about the desperation some people feel. My daughter is a psychologist and hates admitting that everyone cannot be "fixed" but we must keep trying and show compassion.
    I saw the aftermath of a bridge suicide and will never forget it or those who arrived to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Be kind to everyone, you never know how the other person is feeling."
    Very good words.

    Some people have no-one to talk too, or reach out to for help.
    Organisations like The Samaritans can help, they are available 24 hours a day on free-phone number 116 123

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about being kind as one never knows what the other person is going through.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly the young lady passed away, another soul lost, thank you for your comments, we need to speak about this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard of a fatality on the railway line yesterday so it's happening more often than we know. Very, very sad.
    https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-cycle-path-taped-off-26101094

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this with us Marlene . We are so quick to criticise and condemn others when we really have no idea of what lies beneath the surface. Let's be more thoughtful and kind in our words and actions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All so very sad . I agree with the quote you gave - "Be kind to everyone, you never know how the other person is feeling."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails