Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 27 July 2021

Ongoing

 Not everything can be sorted in one go, this crochet blanket for Molly is half way done, and now we have cooler weather, I can get on with it, it won't take long to finish, I am loving the bright shades. I will have some of the cotton yarn left over. 

This tiny oak, was an acorn popped into a small pot last year, once there was good growth, I popped it into this Bonsai dish, squashing its roots, earlier this summer it had 3 huge leaves, which fell off and was replaced by these smaller leaves. I am not feeding this plant, it gets only water, the trunk has not grown much, which is hopeful. I have no knowledge of how to care for and keep these trees small, I am learning as I go. I would love to grow a dish with 5 or 6 silver birch trees, I should look into purchasing some seeds, I do have another dish, but first I will see how well this oak does. I have killed a Acer, a couple of years ago, it never thrived after I got it home. 

Whilst I finished my cross stitch cushion front, as yet I have not made it with 2 other finished cross stitched designs, into cushions, I have the filling and everything else I need, just lazy. I did get my sewing machine out last week, I made a hem for some sheer nets made from recycled plastics, they hang on the sunny side of the pergola, and makes the evening sun nice and dappled.

I feel everywhere is looking good, having a mid summer spring clean is very rewarding, our home was never cluttered, but I had huge amounts of stuff packed in drawers, it's truly rewarding to see tidy spaces. Both hubby and I are tidy, things have to be packed away, everything has its place. My mum used to have times when she needed to clean, sort and get rid of stuff, I grew up in a large family, where our home gave us only a small amount of personal space each. 

The quickest things I purchase has always been clothes, craft and garden, I manage my clothes spend, preferring to wear what I already own, I've slowed right down on crafting spending, once my card stock is gone I won't purchase anymore, having said that, I have supplies to last a few years. My biggest stash is fabric and cross stitch, my yarn stash is not too bad, I have other bits I will use, everything is earning it place in this house. 

I have most of what I need in the garden, I have very little space left, hubby and I did decide to get another fuchsia for the raised bed by the backdoor, they survive the winter in that bed and will stop the need to get bedding plants. My shed is a tidy space, well organised, it's not very big, but I do love to be able to get at everything. 

My dish from the last post has been given a reprise, its on the dining room table, just can't bring myself to fill it with plants. 

9 comments:

  1. I'm always decluttering but still I find more and more things to get rid of each time I have a sort out. I have quite a lot of yarn but I enjoy having a stash I can go to when I want to knit something. The cross stitch stash isn't too bad but it's a hobby I've only recently started so I fear that could quite easily get out of hand too if I don't watch myself. There's just so many lovely crafting supplies that it's hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a stash is brilliant, being able to find just what you want to start another project, I've got rid of loads of craft things I no longer use.

      Delete
  2. Molly's blanket is lovely, looks like you'll soon have it finished. We have a large oak tree in our garden and i'm forever pulling up little seedings but they go in the compost bin i'm afraid. I love when everything is neat and tidy, luckily Mark is tidy too, I'm glad he's not one of these men that leave a trail of washing and towels behind them, lol
    Enjoy the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a tidy partner is definitely a bonus.

      Delete
  3. Your pergola nets sound great - dappled shade is so pleasant to sit in :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket is lovely. You are a very organised gardener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby calls it OCD, but it's a lifetime of of how I do things.

      Delete
  5. Oh my, I love that small oak tree and hope you do figure out how to keep it small.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails