Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 18 April 2021

More or less

I do love this author, his books are set in and around Brighton, DCI Roy Grace is the main character, normally, this book was a bit different, still a very good read. Book 16 read this year. 
Another of my Amaryllis has new leaves, both of these are in my greenhouse, stored on the floor, a bit strange, just will have to see what grows. 
Some of my succulents are flowering.  

Both these Fuchsia's, one a cutting from my garden the other a plug plant, I have potted them into the pots I used for my lime and orange plants.  These are still in my greenhouse.

It's been a bit of a nothing week, after having both Will and George on Wednesday it has been very quiet here, the warmer weather has had me outside much more, just an hour or a bit longer each day, sorting moving pots, and potting on in the greenhouse. 

My 2 smaller waterbutts are almost empty, I still have rainwater in the bigger one by garage, they are saying no rain for at least 10 days, which is bad news for me, all the April showers has pasted us by, it's at these times I know I have too many pots. 

I have a bit more to do but will need help, on Tuesday when I went shopping at Lidl's, I did what I always do, pop the full bag in the boot of my car, but this time I twisted my back, so yes again I am being very careful, and from now on hubby is coming shopping with me to lift bags, the stupid thing is I did not buy as much as normally, so I can't even say the bag was too heavy, I am feeling stupid again. have done some sewing, but not as much, the garden is calling to me.

Friday I cleaned the greenhouse out, moved a huge pot of Aeoniums out, it was purchased years ago for 99p as a very small plant, they do grow tall, 2 years ago I cut all the stems and planted them in a bin, expecting them all to die, they all lived and got huge.
Saturday a lazy day at home, I spent an hour sat outside reading, the sun was warm, it felt as if spring has arrived, I do hope it stays.

5 comments:

  1. I love Peter James too. When I read Dead Simple years ago I said to my husband this is Film material. Grace is a good character but the plots James creates are brilliant I will have to reaquaint myself with them again I know he has written 18. Your garden looks lovely as always I just wish the chilly wind would go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I live in Brighton I also love these books. I know exactly where everywhere is even when he goes further afield.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been so lovely. I love pottering around in the garden, in fact it is one of my favourite pastimes. Your succulents are looking wonderfully healthy. I'm trying to build up my house plants but have no windowsills sadly except in the kitchen. I'm trying to think of some alternatives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not read any Peter James books, I may have to do something about that!
    Look after your back, hope it soon heals.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's so easy to twist your back, and so painful too. I hope you get some relief soon. I'm suffering with sciatica again, not as bad as I had it last time but it's there all the time, it's driving me mad. There's no rain in our forecast either but I'm not complaining, Mick's got this week off work so we're hoping to get some days out so I'm pleased the forecast is for sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails