Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 22 July 2017

When it rains

It's summer and it's raining
So our cats sleep on the rug
Just where we walk.
 It's another wet day here, not a problem
 I do love these books by Sue Grafton. 
 I was naughty and got a couple bunches of flowers
Last week at work went quickly, the work load again is very low, I spent alot of time on my phone. Next week my final week is going to be busier, I have not passed too much work over, they want me to carry on as normal until I leave, which might cause them problems if it suddenly gets busy, but it's their plan and I am not challenging it.
It's a day for staying close to home, we did walk to the village and popped into the library, on a wet day I need more books.
We have nothing planned for this afternoon, we are getting Will later, he is on another sleep over, mum and dad have taken him to a local festival, later we will pop and get him whilst they stay much later.
If it is drier tomorrow we have a few things to do in the garden, I have loads of dead flower heads to chop off, we still have a plant in Win's front garden we need to move before the area is dug up for car parking.
My Kiwi and Pomegranate plants are doing well in their bigger pots, both are now in the greenhouse.
We have still loads of harvest, tomatoes, cucumbers, salad leaves and blueberries. The blueberries have done fantastic this summer. We also have loads of blackberries ripening, and late raspberries, I am so pleased to have so much fruit in our small gardens. Plus both my gooseberry bushes are still in full leaf, I am hoping I have sorted the saw fly.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoyed catching up with your blog posts. I love the Sue Grafton books think I've got to L. Enjoy your time with the little one x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a bit of rain as it is so hot here. The cats look quite happy! Enjoy time with the little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you ! We need a good rain very badly. It's been over 30 days since we had rain. Yhe lawn is brown and we are watering the garden. Enjoy Will!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers are gorgeous. My blueberries are just ripening and the bush is laden with fruit. My grapes will be ready in September. Have a brilliant last week at work.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gardens and allotment have desperately needed the rain, its been very welcome here.
    Enjoy your last week as a worker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Animals will sleep exactly where they want to no matter whether they're in the way or not. I hope you're enjoying your last week, not long to go now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails