Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 20 September 2009

Busy days

It's been a busy few weeks here, the weather has been kind and we are having a sunny September. So we have made the most of our time outside mainly walking along the water front at various locations around Portsmouth.

I have done some more work to my Spanish sampler, I have just one panel to finish, but as yet it has not been published, I check the site most days, so fingers crossed I will have it soon. I have decided to use it as a centre panel for a cushion for our bed. The colours match so well. I am now looking for my next project, I'm not happy without some stitching to do.

I have put our new cushions on our bed, once we have moved we are changing the quilt covers to pure white, our furniture and curtains will not change. I can't wait to see how it all looks. The two striped cushions I made using left over material from our curtains.


In between everything else I have read the book below, it was recommended to me by an lady in our local book shop. I found it fun to read, the story is between the war years, and told by a servant in a large house. Fliss is now reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails