Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 8 March 2009

Sunday Morning


Its a sunny, cold Sunday morning, Kev is playing Golf so I am sat at my desk with a steaming mug of real coffee, I have housework to do, but that is for later. As I look out my window I see a beautiful display of daffodils, we planted them last September, they bring a blaze of colour to our garden, they are planted in a shelted spot in a boarder filled with shrubs, so the wind has not caught them.




I have been busy in the past week, I love to cross stitch and have made 1/12 scale carpets for my dolls house, I have loads of pattern books and have enjoyed hours of fun stitching. But last week I decided it was time to create my own patterns.

First I installed Jane Greenoff's "Cross stitch pattern Crater 2", I have had these disc for a while and put off using them. I then sat and produced a simple pattern, the boarders were tricky, and the centre hard to fill. But I kept it simple and it worked. That was only the start I then had to sit and do the stitching, the enjoyable part. The colours were chosen to match a bedroom. It is a simple rug, I just need to block it to make it square again and cut it out, I have not decided if I am going to add fringing at both ends.

















I want to create my own large sampler, with items relevant to my family, I have saved some some charts with items I can use, ie cats, I don't think I'm up to designing a cat chart yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails