Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 31 March 2023

March Round-up


It's that time of year when I am thinking about the garden and I start to purchase plants and bulbs, I also got compost, sand and pea shingle, so my spend is rising, I had plenty of craft to do here, which included using my stash. I am really pleased with, I did get Aran yarn, it was 10% off.

Purchasing 2 coats have taken my spending up to half of what I spent last year, but both were needed and both were bargains, one half price and the other a third of the price, they will last me for years.

Another expensive month, the cost of the fence and post has like everything else rocketed, but I think hubby would have struggled to do it himself and a our garden is perfectly private again. We did make a huge saving on the blinds for our front windows, but more importantly we did not throw away working parts, less plastic waste.

Again no food waste, we have our shopping and cooking worked out well, we are still using things from the freezer, but we don't want to run it too low. All the leftover food from Mothering Sunday lunch daughter took home, the kids ate through it all quickly. 

My steps were better this month, no weight loss, but last year I put on 4 pounds in March, this year I managed to stay the same weight, so I am taking that as a win. My Pilates class is going well, I also do excise on Monday afternoons, just for an hour, I mix up what we do in class.

9 comments:

  1. I can feel your garden anticipation itching to wake up again! I'm familiar with that feeling, every Spring too. I actually purchase a lot of tube-stock plants during the after summer sales. Suppliers don't want to throw them out, so drastically mark them down.

    I pot them up, grow them over autumn/winter, and have bigger plants for the next growing season. So much cheaper, and gives me something to potter around with during the colder months, lol. But yes, itching when Spring comes round again. Enjoy your garden, and projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our winter season does not allow us to grow on much without heating the greenhouse.

      Delete
  2. A couple of large garments and it can really add to the spending but I'm like you, I buy good quality and they last me for years. I hate clothes shopping anyway so buying things to last is win win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We too are setting a firm gardening budget this year because the prices have all shot up and compost and plant food will make up a big part of our spending, both on the garden and allotment. I can't wait to start growing food again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully the weather will improve soon and you can enjoy time in the garden planting out any newly purchased bulbs/plants.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your weather allows you out and in your garden soon. I don't think I will be planning my garden for a few weeks yet. Still lots of snow on the ground here.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to see a real butchers display. Here in the Midwest USA everything comes prepacked. I couldn't read the prices on the meat but I suspect it is quite pricey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are slightly more expensive than the local supermarkets, but you only purchase the amount you want, and he does trim off fat, so you are only paying for meat.

      Delete
  7. I desperately need to get back to doing some exercise. I'm hoping to have more time to do so very soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails