Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 5 December 2021

Another project.

Our local haberdashery has been brilliant, I wanted 2 square dice in upholstery foam, the thickest they had was 4inches, I asked would they cut 2 squares for me using their cutting machine, giving neat edges. I also purchased this fabric, it's like a light calico. these are to make play dice.
I hatched a plan to print out 4inch square boxes on the computer and place the dots in correct positions, and six different shapes. It was a jiggle, but I got there in the end. 
The best, best bit choosing my colours, I am keeping to just 6 primary colours, their shades being chosen from the colours I have more than one tab. I will use the same 6 colours on both dice.
So loads of the beautiful french knots are required, this is not necessary a Christmas gift, it would be nice to get them done, hopefully it will help George with basic counting, colours and shapes, whilst having fun. In the end I purchased new threads as I wanted them bright. 
I finished the socks, I am pleased with them, I have one last knitting task, I need to pick up the stitches for my cardigan button band, I would like to be able to wear it now it's much cooler. 

I finished daughters Christmas cake, it's up to her and Will to decorate, our cake will have its marzipan layer later today. Another step towards the big day. 

Saturday we spent most of the day at daughters house, hubby went with daughter and Will to pick out a new bike to suggest to Santa as a gift for Will, he was very excited, and now has to be extra good until Christmas day, I stayed with George and Molly, so loads of laughter and giggles, later we had a very quiet evening watching TV. 

Today is another lazy day, I have a few sign ladies popping in this afternoon to practice for Tuesday. Hubby is picking up leaves from the garden, once that is done it will look tidy again, nothing else needs doing.



 

4 comments:

  1. You must be a glutton for punishment with all those French knots again, but I know you enjoy doing them, and it's such a good idea to help George with his colours and with counting. They'll look very effective, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea for those dice. I am sure that George will love learning his colours using them.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea that is to help George with his learning. The dice is a great project :)
    Lovely to have a day of laughter with family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the dice is such a good project, George will enjoy using them.

    We still have a few more leaves to come down from the trees. Apparently we now have Storm Barra approaching with strong winds being forecast so I think the leaves will soon be on the ground!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails