Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 9 November 2010

Woosh bang

That best describes our weekend, it was bonfire night on the 5th, all evening there were fireworks going off, all around the house. Saturday we went to Josh's firework party, it rained heavy and most of them would not light.
On Sunday it was my birthday, we had a very quiet day, but Josh, Sam, mummy and daddy came for tea and cake, Kev brought some fireworks and we had another party in the garden, Josh was so pleased, it's the first time I have had a firework party on my birthday. Both Saturday and Sunday there were fireworks going off all night.


I have only managed to do a few stitches, I have been very tired this week and picked up an upset tummy,but I feel so much better today.

Last night we had a weather warning for rain fall, it rained heavy all night and it's still raining here, we are lucky we do not flood, but there is alot of standing water everywhere. we have also had thunder which Grace our cat hates, but she is settled here beside me as you can see.



It's November but yesterday I picked three roses from our garden, I thought the rain would finish them off, so I have picked them and they are in the jug on my kitchen window sill.


I plan to stay in today, I have a plumber coming to service our boiler, I'm not sure what I might do, it's so dull ever where, I need lights on in rooms I'm in, and I'm not in a creative mood, might just spend the morning reading all your blogs, I follow so many now!

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know it was your birthday this weekend! Happy Birthday kiddo - you don't look a day over 25! Hope you are feeling better and have fun reading! Maybe the rain will clear this afternoon so you can go out.
    Smiles - Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Marlene! Love the cross stitch and your cat looks adorable. Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care. We've also got the rain and boy it's heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Marlene. Your cat is so cute! Makes me wanna give her a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Marlene!

    Hope you are feeling better soon.

    Love the wee bird you are stitching. It is so sweet.

    Aww bless your cat. We've had lots of rain up here too and very high winds. I got quite scared last night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Marlene, love the little bird, i have that pattern and i keep sayiang one day i will do it. Grace is a beautiful cat, she looks content by you. Sara x:o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails