Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday, 28 September 2026

Just us

I have an itch to sew, I will require a small table cloth for under my new tree this year, these Christmas fabrics are not new, some I have had for years. I just need to decide on what design for my patchwork, do I keep it simple or go all out. I have everything except some thinner wadding.


We popped to B&Q, hubby required a few bits, I looked at the dead plants, clearance section. I was not looking for a tiny hosta, but this one came home with me, half price, just £6.

 A meeting with Kates boss goes horribly wrong, he is now missing and Kate can't tell anyone what has happened, chasing people smugglers whilst keeping on top of everything, how can she resolve everything. Book 76 read this year.


Kates work and life is fallen apart, she is struggling to find answers, the people she needs to talk to are hiding, terrified, who can she trust. Book 77 read this year.


Kate is newly promoted to DCI, she has two capable teams on her serious crime investigations, she has more time to catch Williams murderer, but are they aware of her actions. This set of 5 books were a great read, there are two other series from this author, but for now I want to come away from police detectives. Book 78 read this year.



We had a quiet weekend, we were both tired, I have a cold, along with my other issues it has dragged me back down, this week I have more tests, one I am really not looking forward to, needs must. I have tried to enjoy the last of the warm sunny days, we are due a week of rain, brilliant for the garden, no so good for the soul.

Daughter is also unwell, so a quiet time for everyone, we did Saturday night bedtime, they had watched a film together and were all ready to go to bed. We only watched a small part of Strickly come dancing, I'm really not sure of the new presenters, hubby feels the same, but Strickly has been a huge part of our Saturday nights for years.

7 comments:

  1. My sewing has faltered - nearly done with the patchwork bit - but life/family/birthdays and kitchen roof renovations have interrupted the sewing flow somewhat.
    Hoping that, on Wednesday when the builders return, I can get back to my sewing and complete it :) Hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I am doing my embroidery and knitting projects (trying my hardest to get something finished). I also need to get the loom going once again.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Christmas fabrics, I'm sure whatever design you choose the finished result will be beautiful. I love a series of books, I must see if our library has got any of those Carol Wyer ones, she's not an author I've read before. I hope you all feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sorry to read you feel poorly, hopefully the tests will all come back negative. I gave up on Strictly last year and haven't watched it at all this year. Granddaughter keeps me up to date anyway. I've just mowed the lawn as the forecast isn't promising, hopefully I'll get to do the edges at some point. Just off to do the school pick up. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your hosta. Looks lovely. Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good this week. I hope your tests go okay. I would love some rain here. Tomorrow is forecast to be 27 degrees, but I think it's the last hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you all feel better soon, also hope your tests go well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those books look interesting. I think I have one on my to-read pile. I do hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails