We are all so very pleased George got his first level swimming badge recently, when he started lessons he hated the pool, most of his time was spent clinging to his instructor, she had previously taught disabled children to swim so knew what to expect. He now loves the water, I will sew his badge on his robe.
These two small books are the second and third in the Magpie series, with just over a 100 pages each, they are a quick read, I normally shy away from short stories, they complete the tale. Books 63 and 64 read this year.
I popped to B&M for a few bits, saw their seeds were 3 for price of two, these at £3.49 per packet, cost me £6.98, with good dates and ready for next season, I've used this brand before.
I am getting small harvest a couple times a week, the berries hubby and I enjoy, eating them just after picking, its far from a great year, I grow things for enjoyment, I do feel for farmers who grow for a living, this drought summer is unforgettable.
The watch on the left I have owned for about 20 years, I've worn it almost every day, its started to run slow and the glass is scratched. I took it to a well known jeweller in town for a service and new glass, the quote was high. The watch on the right is new and £50 cheaper (sale price) than having my existing watch brought back to a wearable condition. When did our world get this crazy.
It's been a quiet week, not seen much of daughter and little ones, they are all tired, so they have been at home for days, we stayed away so they could relax together. I did sit with Molly and George whilst daughter took Will to see a film, they both played quietly, still loads of laughter.
We woke up on Thursday to rain, not very much just enough to wet the ground, no puddles, not enough to show in my rain measure, which is a shame as our soil is still very dry, the weather front moved north of our location.
Like almost everyone I was sad to hear the passing of Dolly Parton, I have never been a fan of country music, Dolly crossed over into her own style, the world will be a sadder place without people like her, who instead of living the high life on show to the world, she remembered her roots and took action to help so many people.





Re the watches - that's our new throw-away culture!
ReplyDeleteI have had battery quartz watches for a while and when the last one needed a new battery it was going to cost around 3x as much as a similar style new watch!
I decided to bypass the battery replacement by getting a cheap solar watch, so far three years in it's doing fine - I would have been onto a second/third battery by now.