I dug out nerine bulbs from my side bed a while ago, they had spread, I popped them into a pot, my plan was to plant them behind my daisies once the foliage died back. I'm surprised to see some blooms, one already cut and two more buds.
I am cutting back the two vegetable beds a bit at a time, I have leaf mulch to spread over both beds, the leaves have not broken down enough, which won't matter as the worms will do the job. Both beds have net around to stop Lilly using the space, so the leaves should not blow around. I did pick loads of green tomatoes, these will ripen in the paper bags
I've had an early birthday gift from hubby, I have wanted a wildlife camera for ages, just to see who is visiting our garden, hubby has been resisting, this was purchased in an effort to cheer me up, just for fun.
I can do very little outside before backache starts, I try and get things done, hubby will help, but already he is doing loads of things I can't do, both inside and out has been set out for ease as we get older, which is certainly helping me now.
I have not done any crafting, I moved my work basket from beside my chair, a certain cat called Lilly was sleeping in there, she is a big cat and my knitting was getting messy. I have suggested to hubby I look for a basket with a lid, which could protect my stuff.
Sunday we had late lunch at a local pub, a good old fashioned Sunday roast, which we both enjoyed, we strolled around Portchester castle afterwards, it was a warm sunny day. On the whole it's been a relaxing weekend, the grandchildren were busy so we did not see them, other than video call. I am feeling slightly more upbeat, it's no use to wallow in selfpity, I've just finished a course of antibiotics, which has helped.



Sounds a very relaxing weekend, glad you’re feeling a bit brighter. JennyP
ReplyDeleteI had a cat who used to snuggle in my knitting basket - I put an old tea towel on the top, tucking it in around the edges and she used to sleep on that, it would regularly get chucked in the wash so not to 'contaminate' any crafting below. You could try that until you found one you liked with a lid.
ReplyDeleteBack ache is horrible - sometimes you just can not get comfortable no matter what you do - take care of yourself x
Sorry to hear that you are a bit down with your health. I hope things will improve for you. It will be interesting for you to see the wildlife visitors to your garden.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes
Ellie
Oooh! Enjoy the wildlife camera! Definitely a cheer-you-up gift!
ReplyDelete